Who do you want as Kentucky's next coach?

newarkcatholicfan

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about Lane making it work UK...he struggled at UT and USC as the HC. It would be fun few years if Lane did come to UK with Petrino at UL.

He was only at Tennessee one season, and he made a bowl game. He may have struggled to live up to the expectations of those programs, but a place like UK making a bowl game annually would pretty much keep him in Lexington as long as he wanted to be there.

He'd be number one on my list, unless Les Miles becomes available.

The name I don't get at all is Mike Leach. Disaster IMO.

He's won in big conferences with at schools that were at similar disadvantages compared to their competition? He's an overachiever unlike Kiffin or Miles, who with their track records have underachieved. Don't get me wrong, I'd be tickled with any of the three, but Leach would be the safest choice IMO.

He's won in big conferences with at schools that were at similar disadvantages compared to their competition? He's an overachiever unlike Kiffin or Miles, who with their track records have underachieved. Don't get me wrong, I'd be tickled with any of the three, but Leach would be the safest choice IMO.

Leach has made a living off a gimmick offense in a league where no craps are given on the defensive side of the football. That won't fly in SEC country IMO.

I'd take Leach...I wouldn't call it so much a gimmick offense as I would call it offense that makes defenses play in space; SEC powers have problems defending it.

Also levels the playfield for a non traditional power house school. UK is never going to be able to line up and run it down the throats of the big boys.

Leach has made a living off a gimmick offense in a league where no craps are given on the defensive side of the football. That won't fly in SEC country IMO.

Air Raid won't work in the SEC? Didn't it work the last time it was really ran here? UK has a better shot at running it than anything else. UK needs to be different IMO.

I guess the question is, would he have an interest in UK, or would he try and hold out for something bigger?

No clue what is important to him, I know he is from Youngstown, where he is now, so he doesnt have to rush into anything. He strikes me as a guy better at a trying hard to move up program than at a blue-blood program. May be a good fit.

The 9-4 every year (the joke is September 4th is Bo Pelini day in Lincoln) that got him fired in Nebraska would get him a statue in Lexington.

• 4 weeks later...