Reds @ Brewers (8/12 - 8/14)

The Reed experiment should have ended 5 starts ago,ala Lamb. Lets work Igleasis back into the rotation, bring up Garrett to take Finnegan's place as starter and put Finnegan(because of his innings limit) in middle relief. Try Lorenzon as closer for awhile.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Billy has free reign to do anything he wants on the bases at any time, take all the chances he wants, doesn't bother me at all. When you do things like that,every one on a while the other team makes a mistake, bad throw ,etc. They're 25 games out, if he gets a single,let him steal second,third and home

I agree with Billy having free reign, but I guess baseball fundamentals don't count if you are 25 games out. Maybe that helped them get 25 out. Votto is terrible on the bases, also.

The Reed experiment should have ended 5 starts ago,ala Lamb. Lets work Igleasis back into the rotation, bring up Garrett to take Finnegan's place as starter and put Finnegan(because of his innings limit) in middle relief. Try Lorenzon as closer for awhile.

Reed went 6 scoreless last start against STL. Iglesias was a reliever in Cuba, and has had arm/shoulder issues as a starter in the MLB, so it looks like he's destined to the bullpen. Both are exactly where they need to be for the remainder of the season.

Reed went 6 scoreless last start against STL. Iglesias was a reliever in Cuba, and has had arm/shoulder issues as a starter in the MLB, so it looks like he's destined to the bullpen. Both are exactly where they need to be for the remainder of the season.

I'm just as ok with Iglesias as reliever/closer. I'd always thought he had been strictly a starter until the last few months and wanted back in that role, but that Price/front office was holding him back. Am ready to give Amir his shot(even if it's early), for the final month and a half. Let Reed and Lamb continue to hone in AAA til '17

If Phillips can not run no faster than that to first, he should be on the DL. I promise you Renda will run hard. That's the difference on who has made his money and who has not.

He ain't Charlie Hustle, but he is hot since the AllStar Break. I'll take that, his slick fielding, his Twitter account and his flamboyant actions whilst on the field and live with it while he's producing. Trading partners don't like his $14M price tag for 2017 and BPhil wants a 2018 extension to waive his no-trade clause. That's why there isn't more interest. If he's still performing at the ASB next year, he might get that year extension from someone if they're desperate. If he finishes strong in 2016 and there is a key injury somewhere, he could get it now.