Dunbar vs. Madison Central

The Golfer

I think this game will really let us know more about these two teams. I am still not sure how good Dunbar is because I thought MBA was not all that impressive. I don't think MC is a top 10 4A team yet either because West Jess was flat out awful.

These teams seem to be pretty evenly matched and always play each other tough. Dunbar seems to have an advantage in the trenches while MC has the advantage in skill players. I do think MC's Oline is much bigger and more physical then last year. I look for Dunbar to try and grind out some clock against MC's young defense and to keep the ball away from the Indian offense. I think this game could come down to special teams.

I don't know why you think Madison Central has such a big homefield advantage when it comes to officials. Most home teams in general usually get the majority of the calls in high school football. :rolleyes:

South Laurel hasn't played MC close enough for the refs to have a big impact in the game since the 99 playoffs. It is hard to say the refs cost you the game when you are getting beat by 4 or 5 touchdowns. As for Dunbar, they aren't going to need any calls to win on Friday. Their coaches will have them ready to play.

If you don't think that Madison Central has home field advantage when it come's to officiating, then ask the 2004 Tate's Creek team how they felt playing there. I can remember back in 2003 also playing them there. We would drive down the field, then get a personal foul or a holding penalty everytime. But anyone can sit and blame their team's loss due to the ref's, the fact of the mater is, we still lost. Just in my personal experiance though I don't see it being called a fair game. That's coming from multiple game's not only the one's I've been involved in.

You could be right though I hope the game's not affected by the guy's in the stripe's. But only time will tell.

I am not saying MC doesn't get calls at home, but every team in the state is gonna get calls on their homefield. That is why you fight for home field advantage in the playoffs. I just hope you are not trying to say all the Indians success over the past few years is due to getting calls from the refs. If that's so, then that is a joke. You don't go to the playoffs every year by just getting personal fouls and holding calls on the other team.

I am not saying MC doesn't get calls at home, but every team in the state is gonna get calls on their homefield. That is why you fight for home field advantage in the playoffs. I just hope you are not trying to say all the Indians success over the past few years is due to getting calls from the refs. If that's so, then that is a joke. You don't go to the playoffs every year by just getting personal fouls and holding calls on the other team.

Sucess is certainly not due to calls, but I totally disagree that teams all over the state get calls on their home field. In NKY, our officials association calls around the area. They Certainly don't change their calls in favor of Campbell County over Dixie because they are at Campbell County. Its about your area officials having integrity. I have seen some places in this state where they simply don't. That is why those poorly rated officials rarely make appearances past the first round of the playoffs.

Dunbar will come out early and try to pound the ball at MC. I think they will have success at this and eat up some clock. That being said, the Central offense must take care of the ball and make the most of their possessions. The Central defense must step up if they want to win this one.

These games are always close and usually come down to a defensive stand at the end of the fourth quarter. MC has some things going for them in this game such as they are as big as Dunbar, have more speed, and have an experienced QB. Not to take anything away from Dunbar's QB, but he is not proven. Dunbar's QB is a senior, but he has one start and completed one pass last week against MBA. That looks to make them one dimensional and could have struggles if they get behind. I think this game could go a lot like last years, but with a different outcome at the end. I say Indians win it 28-24.

Dunbar will come out early and try to pound the ball at MC. I think they will have success at this and eat up some clock. That being said, the Central offense must take care of the ball and make the most of their possessions. The Central defense must step up if they want to win this one.

These games are always close and usually come down to a defensive stand at the end of the fourth quarter. MC has some things going for them in this game such as they are as big as Dunbar, have more speed, and have an experienced QB. Not to take anything away from Dunbar's QB, but he is not proven. Dunbar's QB is a senior, but he has one start and completed one pass last week against MBA. That looks to make them one dimensional and could have struggles if they get behind. I think this game could go a lot like last years, but with a different outcome at the end. I say Indians win it 28-24.

Completed two passes.:thumb: I get your point though. Dunbar needs to control the clock and punctuate drives with TD's. Central is not quite as explosive as last year but are still loaded with talent, just young. Hope the Dawgs can pull it off in Richmond tonight.