Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 2016/2017

Featured Replies

Franzen comes from the Campbell Co family and his Dad is Mike I believe who played in the mid 80's at CCHS.

 

I watched his demeanor on the bench coaching Highlands Freshman and he definitely looks the part. He works the referees respectfully, can get fiery but also relates to the kids well. He is a good get and will be a Varsity HC soon.

  • Replies 94
  • Views 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Franzen comes from the Campbell Co family and his Dad is Mike I believe who played in the mid 80's at CCHS.

 

I watched his demeanor on the bench coaching Highlands Freshman and he definitely looks the part. He works the referees respectfully, can get fiery but also relates to the kids well. He is a good get and will be a Varsity HC soon.

 

I didn't realize he was a Campbell County guy. I do remember some Franzens who played at Campbell County years ago.

 

Heard he did a great job as the freshman coach at Highlands, actually helped developed the players, something that is not happening at the varsity level there. One of the Holmes people who know the sport said Franzen will be a varsity head coach in the very near future, they were not surprised CovCath went after him. They said he has a good background at the college and high school levels. My only question is how do my Holmes Bulldogs miss out on guys like this?

[ATTACH]57201[/ATTACH]

 

Looks great. Hope they use it. Hate going to gyms with elaborate backboards and they don't show the fouls, points scored, etc.

Donated completely by St. Elizabeth Healthcare, by the way.

Fantastic! Last year they made a similar donation to Holy Cross. Way to step up St E! As far as operating it goes, it is an acquired skill that few people possess… Just haven't had that many full team scoreboards in Northern Kentucky in the past. I would bet that Covington Catholic could come up with someone to man it, though, if anybody can.

Fantastic! Last year they made a similar donation to Holy Cross. Way to step up St E! As far as operating it goes, it is an acquired skill that few people possess… Just haven't had that many full team scoreboards in Northern Kentucky in the past. I would bet that Covington Catholic could come up with someone to man it, though, if anybody can.

 

Sounds like a great opportunity for CCH to get their film/media students some real world and hands on experience. I love when I see the athletic and academic sectors merge together and collaborate.

Congrats on the new scoreboard. Take it from someone who messed it up during a South Oldham varsity game - get training and use a spotter to keep the substitutions right. Have fun!!

[ATTACH]57201[/ATTACH]

 

I was in the gym this morning. Gym looks good. Brighter. Scoreboards look nice.

Congrats on the new scoreboard. Take it from someone who messed it up during a South Oldham varsity game - get training and use a spotter to keep the substitutions right. Have fun!!

 

That is an awesome scoreboard at South Oldham and as a fellow scoreboard operator, I feel your pain!!!

I was in the gym this morning. Gym looks good. Brighter. Scoreboards look nice.

 

That is pretty sharp. I hope to make it up for a game this season.

New basketball scoreboard and 5 posts in a CCH basketball team thread in August.

 

Football team has their first scrimmage and only two posts in the scrimmage thread.

 

Hmmmmm ......

Cov Cath Hoops tweeted out this the other day, thought it was pretty cool.

 

'Cov Cath open Gyms were filled with college basketball coaches from schools around the country this fall. #NextLevelExposure

 

College Coaches coming to Park Hills.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.