Everything posted by Maxwell Q Klinger
-
Newport 73 Highlands 50
Yeah... can someone explain that? What's the story there?
-
CovCath QB Mayer receives his first D1 offer.
So true. If you look at interviews with most major college coaches they go out of their way to get multi sport athletes. Just another reason not to limit yourself in high school...
-
Top Running Backs in NKY 2017
I'd put Cooper Schwalbach from HHS up against anyone in NKY. Young man is special.
-
Beechwood 63 Highlands 55
Wow. Only 10 min? Has his production fallen off that much?
-
Beechwood 63 Highlands 55
Posey not in the box score? Did he not play?
-
QB 6'3 210 pounds Matt Shearer Simon Kenton Class of 2018
All I can say is what I was told from hhs people who were upset he left and wished he'd had stayed... especially with how early in the summer he left... clearly before any decision about a QB could have been decided. Doesn't really matter anymore. Good luck to the kid... by all accounts he's a good one... on and off the field.
-
QB 6'3 210 pounds Matt Shearer Simon Kenton Class of 2018
Yes. Went to HIghlands Middle then practiced for a couple weeks in the summer at HHS and moved to SK. According to an hhs guy I know he would have been the starter that year and then probably last year had he not moved to live with a different parent.
-
Will Covington Catholic dominate Highlands in 2017?
Don't count on Baker. I hope I'm wrong but I've heard that ship ain't sailing.
-
QB 6'3 210 pounds Matt Shearer Simon Kenton Class of 2018
He only has one year left. But Matt left HHS after only a couple weeks of summer practice. I know the HHS coaches were upset he left. Wouldn't have surprised me if he started last year as a junior.
-
Beechwood 38 Holmes 6 (Frosh)
I ask that you please look at the rest of the rosters across NKY. If you do, you will easily notice that there are not many rosters over 30-35 players (ex. CCH only has 25). As much as Beechwood supporters want to say that it's a numbers thing, all you have to do is look at numbers of others. Sad thing is... Beechwood has been taking the easy way out for years saying "we don't have enough guys"
-
Beechwood 38 Holmes 6 (Frosh)
Cov Cath only has about 25 players, Campbell only has about 25 players, Dixie only has about 20. Multiple other schools only have about 30ish players. Time for Beechwood to either man up or stop trying to randomly play up when they're good. It wasn't a few years back (when my cousin played) that Beechwood literally "changed their mind" started trying to schedule bigger schools after they realized they were good.
-
Beechwood 38 Holmes 6 (Frosh)
When is Beechwood going to man up and play a real frosh schedule that isn't simply based on how good they're each year. Good=let's play the big boys! Bad=let's play the small schools and feel like we're the best!
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
I want to say this in the most respectful way... Coach Hall was great... But what I've experienced and heard from fellow teammates nothing beats Coach T
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
What happened to Coach T? Is he not the Oline coach anyone? Never had him as a position coach but everyone loved him as a guy and his coaching ability. Very unfortunate if he's not there.
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
So guys being concerned about the state of the program that means a lot to them as a bad thing? Seeing what is missing and what could help the current program is a bad thing? Pardon us for being a part of a program that we are passionate about and want to do well and turn things around. Stroking themselves??? Really?? Grow up.
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
By no means was I saying that is the only thing lacking. As a former player who loves the program and wants the best for everyone involved with it, I just wish I saw more confidence and passion. Is there a dip in talent? Absolutely. My hope is that the dip is over soon and that the guys who are currently there do everything they can to get the most out of their experience.
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
As a RB the only two bigger than me were Hempfling and Stein.
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
One walk on at UK for two years and one played at Gardner Webb.
-
Ryle 50 Highlands 14
Size has nothing to do with HHS losing games. I played on teams at HHS with very small offensive and defensive lineman and we were incredibly successful. It's all about attitude. We lined up every play knowing that no matter who was across from us we were going to smack you in the mouth, tell you about it, line up again and do the same damn thing until you quit and ran away. Nothing has changed with size... Everyone we played was bigger and sometimes stronger than us. It sounds cliche, but the swagger is what is missing. Until HHS has the mentality that when they're on the field and look across and they KNOW they're going to physically, mentally, and emotionally dominate their opponent until they quit and then step on their throat then we will continue to see this. I was just talking with some guys I played with and we all said essentially the same thing "we don't lose to teams that end in county and we don't lose to NKY teams". My how times have changed
-
Head coaches your high school has produced.
Zach Deaton graduated from HHS and coached Dayton
-
Highlands 44 Campbell County 7 (Frosh)
He was there at one time. He is now at Denison College where he and his father Bert IV played. Drew, I believe, was kicker only as a frosh but then played DB 10th-12th grade.
-
Covington Catholic Announces Renovation Plans
As a former HHS guy who follows and supports NKY schools as much as possible because I love the area, I think this is great. A lot of people look at CCH for their athletics but I respect them so much for their academics. It's truly special that we have HHS, CCH, and Beechwood all consistently performing as top 5 schoos in the state... Not to mention what they do athletically/socially
-
Highlands 44 Campbell County 7 (Frosh)
Great pics. This was the first game I was able to take in at David Cecil in a long time; it's great to be back in the cincy area. Awful to see Mason Schwalbach go down with an arm injury. Great, great kid and an awesome family. I'm sure he will bounce back big time!
-
Cooper 18 Highlands 16 (Frosh)
Edit
-
Campbell County 24 Highlands 21
Holy ignorance, batman!