Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 2016/2017

Featured Replies

  • Replies 94
  • Views 28.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go ahead and give that January 18th game a circle on your calendar. I'd suggest arriving a little earlier than normal for that one.

 

I agree - Looks like they have a lot of their 'bigger' games at home this year.

Are the post-Christmas TBA's for the St Anthony's Skyline CERC Classic?

I see no Wilmington game this season. Thank goodness. They'd have destroyed them and gotten nothing from that game.

Wilmington are the one's that did not want to renew the series.

And I am not sure who you meant by who got destroyed but Covcath won in 2015 and Wilmington won on a last second shot last year by the Cumberland kid.

And if someone got destroyed in was Wilmington in the both the Freshman and JV games

Wilmington are the one's that did not want to renew the series.

And I am not sure who you meant by who got destroyed but Covcath won in 2015 and Wilmington won on a last second shot last year by the Cumberland kid.

And if someone got destroyed in was Wilmington in the both the freeman and JV games

 

He was referring to the huge loss of talent Wilmington had. No supporting talent on JV or frosh team. Nothing in it for CCH to play them.

Are the post-Christmas TBA's for the St Anthony's Skyline CERC Classic?

 

Covcath is scheduled to travel to Jersey this season. I would assume those TBA are for the St. Anthony event.

If that is want he meant, then I agree

Not to switch gears but I want to comment on JV. I watched them scrimmage Cincy St. X last night at Moeller and the younger Mayer kid looked really good. He got his first callup for JV according to one of their assistants. Strong kid who is not afraid to mix it up and attack the rim. I know the Varsity is very deep but he could play at any other HS in NKY at that level IMO.

Not to switch gears but I want to comment on JV. I watched them scrimmage Cincy St. X last night at Moeller and the younger Mayer kid looked really good. He got his first callup for JV according to one of their assistants. Strong kid who is not afraid to mix it up and attack the rim. I know the Varsity is very deep but he could play at any other HS in NKY at that level IMO.

 

I said it in the spring and I'll say it again. He can give you a few minutes each game off of the varsity bench.

A simple response for me: LOADED!!!!

I said it in the spring and I'll say it again. He can give you a few minutes each game off of the varsity bench.

 

I should note that his challenge is other young BIGS that can go.

I agree - Looks like they have a lot of their 'bigger' games at home this year.

 

Can anyone confirm if PL Dunbar game is home or away? Would love to see Hollingsworth come to Park Hills.

Look out for Deere moving up the ladder ... Averaged 24 ppg in the Moeller and St X JV scrimmages, then poured in 30+ In a couple of high quality games for the Royals over the weekend .... Kid can shoot ...

Look out for Deere moving up the ladder ... Averaged 24 ppg in the Moeller and St X JV scrimmages, then poured in 30+ In a couple of high quality games for the Royals over the weekend .... Kid can shoot ...

 

Deer played hard in the scrimmage I saw, a little robotic with his shot but he has a high motor and moves very well for a tall kid. He could develop into a very good JV player this year. As deep as they are at the Varsity level, I am just not so sure on those minutes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.