Post Season Predictions

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins definitely has a good chance at making it out of the 8th. I am a little concerned with the lack of games they are playing here at the end of the season, but they should be well rested for the postseason. With such a young team, they will have plenty of chances at making it to Owensboro the next couple of seasons. Anderson County is a very good team with a lot of seniors. The 2-time defending champs aren't going to give up their spot easily. I'm hoping to see another Anderson/Collins regional championship. That would make for a fantastic softball game.

So if Woodford beats Scott County it would be a major upset? It should be a great game. But I be leave I heard when they played earlier in the season it was Woodfords first game of the season for some reason and Scott County was playing there 9th game of there season. Where is there region game being played at?

• 2 weeks later...
The great thing about softball...On any given day, it's anyone's ball game. All of the top 25 teams are very good and on any given day they are GREAT.

R1: McCracken--Still looking good with only 1 loss

R2: MNH--Looking good with giving McCracken that loss

R3: O'Cathlic--Have enough to do it

R4: Warren East--toss up with South Warren, but I think East will get it

R5: Central Hardin--They can play with the best of them.

R6: Bullitt East-They are looking very tough. Great players/pitching

R7: Male--They always find a way

R8: Collins--Unless Anderson Co number 1 pitcher is healthy, I'm going Collins

R9: Highlands--I think the small school can bring it. If they have a full squad, I'd love to see them work it.

R10: Harrison or Bourbon on this one. Haven't seen either play

R11: Scott Co. -- Woodford has great players, but all of Scott Co's infield are State Champions including a couple in the outfield. They were young then, now seasoned.

R12: E Jessamine--They have a tough little pitcher. Great hitters!!

R13: N Laurel--Don't know much about this region.

R14: Estill or Powell --I think Estill will out do Powell, but could be close.

R15: Johnson Central--I don't know much on this region either.

R16: East Carter--I think pitching will get them there.

Doesn't look like your 8th region pick went very well after Collins fell to Shelby last night.

I think Madisonville could win it all. They have the best 1-4 lineup. McCracken even though MNHHS has beaten them twice has the best 1-9 overall in the state. McCracken has a pitching staff that coaches drool over. (all 3 girls pushing the other 2) McCracken's defense is as solid as anyone in the state. I think McCracken wins the state but they are in a brutal side of the bracket. Madisonville will have the easier road to the finals. In the end I still feel like the Mustangs are the team to beat. This is just an opinion not science, being the great sport we love any given day everyone is beatable.

no, see the thread is called Post Season Predictions so that is posted. Why would I list a team that I don't think can do it? That is like saying South Carolina will win the mens national championship just I can go "out on a limb"

I was just joking man, relax! I think the first two are basically everyone's favorites which is why I said that, but Scott County, Male and a couple of others have a legitimate shot as well. Regional Tournaments should be interesting, though, so first things first.

From the Ashland paper today :

Led by second baseman Eden Mayo, still yet to commit a miscue this spring, East Carter flaunts a lockdown defense that moves coach Derek Calhoun to declare, “I’d put them up against any defense in the state.

“It’s a variety,” he said. “We’ve got four girls who rotate in the outfield. They all catch the ball pretty well. In the infield, we’ve got four girls that move really well, even if you try to bunt against us

With East Jess , then MNH lurking we will see .