My father took his own life...

afi100guy

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

My daughter's biological mother took her life 25 years ago on the 12th of this month. She had depression as well, but turned away any help in favor of self medicating. My daughter is the one who found her.

April 12th is never a fun day, though my anger and my daughter's sadness over the event has lessened through the years. So the hurt does get better.

You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

ttt

6 years now. My personal Depression Awareness Day. If someone you know needs help, make sure they get it (even if they do not want it). The alternative is much much worse.

afi, so sorry for your loss but the fact that you come on this site and mention your "personal depression awareness day" and share your experience just may have helped a fellow BGPer or helped a BGPer save a friend or family member. Thank you.

5 years ago today. Most of my closest friends do not know this. I will cry myself to sleep tonight as I do every April 19th. What could I done to prevent this?

I only post this for all to watch for depression in your loved ones. It is a nasty disease that causes incredible people to do terrible things.

I am so sorry for your loss. Please believe there is nothing you could have done. No doubt your father loved you very much. His personal pain was something no one can understand, and it was more than he could handle. He hid it well, until he was done.