Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby to Memphis

Featured Replies

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in Memphis, went to undergrad there, and moved away years ago. I still have family there, so I visit regularly. I would say Memphis has some nice things going for it, but I wouldn't call it a great city, but that would be a very short list for me anyway.

 

I respect Tubby, but I don't see him as an awesome hire for Memphis. He is not a great bench coach, and he is not a great recruiter. I would start by firing the AD.

They must have a ton of serious crimes since they are featured on the First 48 about every other week.

 

Of course many years ago Memphis Wrestling with Jerry "The King" Lawler, Lance Russell, & Bill Superstar Dundee was always entertaining.

I just came up with a great scenario...Tubby as head coach, he hires Penny as an assistant and gets Penny ready to be his successor. Wins all around.

It's a better job than Tech but almost everything is. Good for Tubby.

I think Tubby would be a good fit for Memphis. As far as the city, they have a wonderful zoo, and I really enjoyed the scale model of the Mississippi river at Mud Island.

Outside of Memphis is nice but close to downtown is not so much.

I think Tubby would be a good fit for Memphis. As far as the city, they have a wonderful zoo, and I really enjoyed the scale model of the Mississippi river at Mud Island.

 

I like that zoo better than any I've been to.

Memphis can be a little scary if you take the wrong turn coming out of the airport.

Memphis can be a little scary if you take the wrong turn coming out of the airport.

 

Yes it can

I grew up in Memphis, went to undergrad there, and moved away years ago. I still have family there, so I visit regularly. I would say Memphis has some nice things going for it, but I wouldn't call it a great city, but that would be a very short list for me anyway.

 

I respect Tubby, but I don't see him as an awesome hire for Memphis. He is not a great bench coach, and he is not a great recruiter. I would start by firing the AD.

 

I don't know what your opinion of Tubby Smith is, but I have a question.

 

If a coach has won a national championship and has 557 career wins, how can you say he is both a subpar bench coach and recruiter?

 

What exactly is he in your eyes?

He can roll out of bed and land some recruits. No brainer if the money is remotely close.

If true awesome move for Tubby.

 

For the record I love Memphis for the barbecue . Doesn't matter what hole in wall you go to its always good.

Above average bench coach, descent recruiter.........Memphis will fix the 2nd part of that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.