Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indiana's Crean proving doubters wrong

Featured Replies

Bloomington, Ind. — Indiana coach Tom Crean has come a long way in 12 months.

Instead of being bombarded by questions about his job, Crean confidently speaks his mind.

Instead of being badgered by critics, he’s hearing from supporters.

And rather than getting emotional, Crean remains all business as he prepares for Friday’s East Regional semifinals against top-seeded North Carolina.

Yes, he’s proved the naysayers wrong once again.

“That’s not the drive,” Crean said after last weekend’s 73-67 second-round victory over Kentucky. “The drive is the togetherness that’s being built with them (the players) and watching them come together over the period of time that they have.”

Right now, all is well in Hoosier land.

Indiana has won two regular-season Big Ten titles in four seasons, and is about to play in its third regional semifinal game in five years.

Even the headline-grabbing website launched last March, counting down the days until Crean’s buyout price dropped, has added a new message congratulating Crean.

By almost all accounts, this season may have been Crean’s best.

He took a team that suffered three embarrassing early losses, lost one of its top scorers and dealt with a series of late-season injuries, and has gotten them here — two victories away from Indiana’s first Final Four trip since 2002.

 

 

 

Indiana’s Crean proving doubters wrong

  • Replies 34
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crean asked the NCAA to cut down the nets after the UK game. Once again, UK is someone's super bowl.

 

How pathetic.

Crean asked the NCAA to cut down the nets after the UK game. Once again, UK is someone's super bowl.

 

How pathetic.

That's not true.

 

Pathetic.

 

I know it's tough for you guys with blue blockers on to realize but Indiana was simply a better team this year. Nowhere near as much talent and if that doesn't show you how good of a job he's done coaching this team well then you just have no chance of understanding.

That's not true.

 

Pathetic.

 

I know it's tough for you guys with blue blockers on to realize but Indiana was simply a better team this year. Nowhere near as much talent and if that doesn't show you how good of a job he's done coaching this team well then you just have no chance of understanding.

 

I am a UK fan that works in Indiana. So I have been following IU closely the past two seasons.

I honestly had a bad feeling heading into Saturday's contest. And most UK fans had no inkling that IU could win that game.

That's not true.

 

Pathetic.

 

I know it's tough for you guys with blue blockers on to realize but Indiana was simply a better team this year. Nowhere near as much talent and if that doesn't show you how good of a job he's done coaching this team well then you just have no chance of understanding.

 

While not as talented, I don't know about no where near as talented, I was impressed with Crean's talent. He has a chance against UNC but if the heels can hit shots, it is an uphill battle.

Crean asked the NCAA to cut down the nets after the UK game. Once again, UK is someone's super bowl.

 

How pathetic.

 

I would guess it's because they won the round, not because they beat UK.

That's not true.

 

Pathetic.

 

I know it's tough for you guys with blue blockers on to realize but Indiana was simply a better team this year. Nowhere near as much talent and if that doesn't show you how good of a job he's done coaching this team well then you just have no chance of understanding.

 

I'm not sure. I think the talent was pretty even. I'm a UK fan but was very worried going into the game. Every time I'd seen Indiana this year (7-10 times) I had been very impressed. Saturday was no different.

I am a UK fan that works in Indiana. So I have been following IU closely the past two seasons.

I honestly had a bad feeling heading into Saturday's contest. And most UK fans had no inkling that IU could win that game.

 

I said in the very beginning that IU had more of a right to be upset with their seed than anyone in the tourney.

 

Reg season B1G champ and they get a 5 seed.

No one cuts nets for going to a S16. You're IU. You should be better than that. Nothing to do with me being a fan of UK and the game. I find it sad that a once proud program is now trying cut nets for regular season conference titles (shared), storming the court and trying to cut the nets after a 2nd round game.

No one cuts nets for going to a S16. You're IU. You should be better than that. Nothing to do with me being a fan of UK and the game. I find it sad that a once proud program is now trying cut nets for regular season conference titles (shared), storming the court and trying to cut the nets after a 2nd round game.

 

Where does it say they tried to cut down the nets after Saturday's game?

  • Author
Where does it say they tried to cut down the nets after Saturday's game?

 

 

Billy Bob from Pikeville told Mary Sue, who told Cletus, who told Matt Jones about it when he called in to ask why Richie didn't get any playing time against Indiana.

I am a UK fan that works in Indiana. So I have been following IU closely the past two seasons.

I honestly had a bad feeling heading into Saturday's contest. And most UK fans had no inkling that IU could win that game.

I had a bad feeling too. I had seen Indiana in enough games that I knew that they had a good team, and if they were hitting shots could be a formidable foe. The game with UK turned with about 6 minutes left when the Hoosiers were up 1 point. Willis missed a 3 and Indiana quickly nailed a 3 on their end to go up by 4. The Cats then missed another shot and Indiana scored, either a fg or ft...I don't remember, and went up by 6 and UK could never get back in the game. In addition, UK wasn't going to win many closely contested games with their star shooter going 1-9 from the 3 point range. That's an anomaly for Murray but it happened, and at the worst possible time.

Imo Indiana and Kentucky were for the most part evenly matched teams and whichever got on a run at the right time as the game was in its last minutes was going to win, and Indiana was that team.

It's good to see the Hoosiers being relevant again in the basketball world. They are a 5 X national champion and are truly one of the blue bloods, along with Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas, and I suppose UCLA, although they haven't been very relevant in recent years.

 

And I wouldn't mind the teams start playing their annual game again but not a home and home. I don't want the Cats to ever go back to Assembly Hall; can't stand that place. Loudest arena in the nation due to its shape, which is like a steep walled canyon.

Crean and company have responded nicely this year. No denying that. Responded with the most fervor when their backs were up against the wall... IU started poorly and I suspect he was on the hot seat.

 

On balance and not trying to live in the moment, I think it is a bit premature to say he has proved doubters wrong. This second half of the season, most definitely. But remember, the reason Crean was getting lambasted was because IU underwhelmed big time in 2013 when they were the easy favorites, in 2014 they were horrible not even selected for the NIT, and in 2015 sneaked into the tournament as a 10 seed and went 20-14. Crean has been criticized, but many act as if it has been unwarranted.

Edited by bugatti

I said in the very beginning that IU had more of a right to be upset with their seed than anyone in the tourney.

 

Reg season B1G champ and they get a 5 seed.

 

I touched on it in the update thread for the game, but Calipari was absolutely right - when you mis-seed a team, it is not them you hurt, but the ones that have to play them. I still believe UK was slightly underseeded, so that hurt Stony Brook. IU was SEVERELY underseeded, and that hurt both Chattanooga and Kentucky.... so far.

Billy Bob from Pikeville told Mary Sue, who told Cletus, who told Matt Jones about it when he called in to ask why Richie didn't get any playing time against Indiana.

 

Exactly. One yokel probably posted it joking on that disaster of a website KSR and bucktooth Billy took it as gospel and now its made its rounds throughout the bluegrass.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.