Holmes v Holy Cross (35th District Finals) Predictions 2/25

I'm gonna take the Lady Bulldogs in this one! Home court advantage isn't really a factor here with the schools being so close. The last time they matched up that gym was split about 50/50!

HC may want revenge from the last meeting, but Holmes kinda has a revenge factor too. Knowing HC beat them 3 times last year (only three losses), costing them a district title, a regional title, and a berth at the state tournament!

Holmes wins in a close one (1-3pts), this will not be a blow out! HC is better than what their record shows!

These two teams are RIVALS for a reason!

Edited by allstar2345

HC will try to make a game of it but will not be able to keep up by the end. Holmes by 10. Holmes and Ryle have separated themselves from the pack in the 9th and until they are upset by someone they will be the favorites. Holmes should win this game, they are the better team right now.

HC will try to make a game of it but will not be able to keep up by the end. Holmes by 10. Holmes and Ryle have separated themselves from the pack in the 9th and until they are upset by someone they will be the favorites. Holmes should win this game, they are the better team right now.

I agree with this assessment. Regarding this game, if Holmes takes anything from the last meeting they should be able to take this by about 10 in regulation. The point to be taken is in the last game HC had very unbalanced scoring and if Holmes forces possessions into "other players" hands and HC cannot get scoring from those "other players".......this game will go Holmes way. BTW, although they are not necessarily deep, Holmes usually gets very balanced scoring which is always tougher for the opposing D. Just an observation. I agree that Holmes and Ryle are favorites but HC and Highlands with the right draw are legit contenders as well, should be a great regional.