Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 63 Virginia 62

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allen's game winner clearly beat the clock but his right foot might have landed before he released the ball, resulting in a walk-------very, very close.

In before Duke gets all the calls because no walk call.....

Brandon Ingram is a baller. Straight up....

They said on ESPN that when the coaches met to shake after the game, Bennett said something along the lines of "I thought he walked". Coach K said something along the lines of "I thought he got fouled".

Tried watching some of this on during the commercial breaks during the VCU/St.Louis game. Did not catch much but I am excited to see Duke posted the win.

He walked. But it is what it is.

He walked. But it is what it is.

Correct. He definitely walked but if it ain't called it didn't happen, officially anyway.

They said on ESPN that when the coaches met to shake after the game, Bennett said something along the lines of "I thought he walked". Coach K said something along the lines of "I thought he got fouled".

 

I don't think he was fouled at all...good defense by Virginia. It was REALLY CLOSE on whether he walked or not...after watching the replay, I still could not tell so I certainly not blame the refs for not calling it...

Coaching etiquette? Unless coach K and the UVA coach have a good relationship, then why bring up the potential walk in the handshake line? Coach K didn't tell the player to walk while making a last second game winning shot.

I don't think he was fouled at all...good defense by Virginia. It was REALLY CLOSE on whether he walked or not...after watching the replay, I still could not tell so I certainly not blame the refs for not calling it...

 

I saw a still snapshot of the play. His foot is on the ground and the ball is still in his hand.

They aren't changing a call that would result in a Duke loss. It was K's birthday, the refs weren't gonna allow him to lose on his day.

I don't think he was fouled at all...good defense by Virginia. It was REALLY CLOSE on whether he walked or not...after watching the replay, I still could not tell so I certainly not blame the refs for not calling it...

 

That's how I felt. I can't tell one way or another and I've watched that play over and over. I can't see if his foot is on the ground when he let go of the ball in slow motion let alone at full speed.

I saw a still snapshot of the play. His foot is on the ground and the ball is still in his hand.

 

Unfortunately referees can't make calls based on still snapshots. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.