Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 63 Virginia 62

Featured Replies

I've been so focused on the travel I just now noticed the foul. I'll take the no call for the win. This Duke victory is for all of the people who want refs to swallow the whistle at the end of the game. :D

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he was fouled at all...good defense by Virginia. It was REALLY CLOSE on whether he walked or not...after watching the replay, I still could not tell so I certainly not blame the refs for not calling it...

 

First blush I thought it was likely a travel. Then when they showed the replay from the opposite baseline I wasn't sure. Too hard to call. You have to let it go if you're not sure.

His foot was definitely down before it left his hand. Without and doubt. Heck I thought he walked before he shot but he didn't until the end.

I thought it was good no calls all the way around.

Whether he walked or not is up for debate, but what amuses me is when people say things like "refs aren't going to decide the game by making that call in the final seconds." Well, that works both ways. By not making the call it also decides the game. A no- call can decide the outcome as much as making a call.

I'm sure Bennett feels that the refs decided the outcome. He as much as told K that in the handshake lineup.

His foot was definitely down before it left his hand. Without and doubt. Heck I thought he walked before he shot but he didn't until the end.

 

He was fouled anyways.

Whether he walked or not is up for debate, but what amuses me is when people say things like "refs aren't going to decide the game by making that call in the final seconds." Well, that works both ways. By not making the call it also decides the game. A no- call can decide the outcome as much as making a call.

I'm sure Bennett feels that the refs decided the outcome. He as much as told K that in the handshake lineup.

 

And K reminded him that Grayson was fouled.

And K reminded him that Grayson was fouled.

Fouls don't apply if the walk violation is first, which it appeared to me to be the case.

Fouls don't apply if the walk violation is first, which it appeared to me to be the case.

 

I saw the foul before the walk. I didn't see the walk before contact. I saw the still shot of him with his foot on the ground with the ball in his hand after he landed from jumping.

I saw a good play to win the game. Duke like UK is starting to play their best at the right time.

 

Wouldn't it be something if somehow both these teams make the finals and give us a finals match we thought we would see last year.

Whether he walked or not is up for debate, but what amuses me is when people say things like "refs aren't going to decide the game by making that call in the final seconds." Well, that works both ways. By not making the call it also decides the game. A no- call can decide the outcome as much as making a call.

.

 

I agree with you.

Unless there is another video of another angle I don't think there was a foul. Allen created the contact.

Unless there is another video of another angle I don't think there was a foul. Allen created the contact.

 

I agree, otherwise the offensive player could create a foul every trip.

Unless there is another video of another angle I don't think there was a foul. Allen created the contact.

 

Huh? Okay. He dribbled to a spot and there was contact to stop him.

I agree, otherwise the offensive player could create a foul every trip.

 

Uhhhh, yeah, they do that every trip and it never gets called. See: James Harden.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.