Covington Catholic 63 Ryle 46

All the points are being hit - tough district to get out of, yet they are also losing a magnitude of games to smaller schools. Yes, Cooper now exists but Gray Middle is still strait feeding to Ryle and RA Jones also sends some kids as well. And they started to struggle in the Mullins era before Cooper ever emerged. I also agree that McFarland is doing a great job. I just think that all things in high school sports are cyclical and the Boone County high schools have struggled to capitalize on the peak of their cycles in recent history.

But they still have big numbers, enrollment wise. Are they losing bball kids to CovCath? They should still be a high quality team year in and year out.

They do have the numbers, which makes it hard to explain, I think we all know that just a few kids can have a huge impact... regardless of the school size.

I am not sure if they are losing kids to the private schools. Boone does not have open enrollment so I am very surprised when I see how many kids the 33rd district schools lose to each other.