State Tournament - Bowling - Feb 11th & 12th

Didn't get a chance to get on the computer this weekend to give a summary of what I saw.

Taylor Cty and South Warren were very good teams.

Highlands bowled great in the seeding game, ended up with the #1 seed. That's pretty much where the good things stopped for the 'Birds. Boone Cty took them to 5 games in the first round of Bakers. Highlands decided to bowl in the 5th game and opened with the first 6 strikes. For some reason Highlands doesn't do well in the Bakers format. They're fantastic at the seeding portion, but seem to fall apart in bakers.

South Warren was up next and they were on fire. They just didn't miss and caught a few good breaks. They're 4 and 5(singles state champ) bowlers were absolutely awesome. They made quick work of Highlands and moved on to face to Taylor Cty.

I watched a little of TC's quarterfinal game and they had a ton of emotion going. Based on what I saw I was pretty sure the winner of TC/SW would win the championship. We left shortly after it started. TC's #5 bowler was on fire and couldn't miss.

Sorry, I don't have any of the girls tournament details.

Congrats to all the teams that participated.

Thanks to the Highlands seniors, you had a great run over the last 3 years. 2 Regional Titles, a State Runner-Up, Queen City Classic Champs and a State Elite 8.

For the Highlands under-classmen, you have a good core of kids returning and will be in contention for a regional title next year. Take a break and then get back on the lanes and get ready for next season.