Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Musical "guilty pleasure"

Featured Replies

Mrs TAC just got tickets to see him. Asked me if I wanted to go, hesitated and turned down the night out.

 

Mr. Cat and I saw Barry Manilow in Vegas a couple of years ago. He was awesome!!!!

  • Replies 62
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a guilty pleasure but I've been listening to Johnny Rivers a ton lately. Like that style of guitar and love a lot of his music.

 

He was the initial act booked weekly at the Whiskey a Go Go in LA when it opened.

 

The old man was a big fan and I've got a handful of his records because of that. One of the ones Dad passed down was the Whiskey record.

Depeche Mode...

 

Used to cut a mean rug to these guys back in the 90s. And met Mrs. C1 while dancing to Depeche Mode.

 

My son just doesn't get it since now I'm primarily a country, bluegrass, rock guy! But oh thanks be to Depeche Mode...

 

:lol2:

 

Guess you found your own personal Jesus that night.

Gene Pitney and Floyd Kramer. There, I said it.

The old man was a big fan and I've got a handful of his records because of that. One of the ones Dad passed down was the Whiskey record.
As a Kid Memphis was one of my favorite songs...but I over the last few years realized he has a lot of stuff that I really liked.

70s = Bread

 

80s =Go-Go's, Bangels

 

90s = Shania Twain

 

2000s = Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift

All of these listed so far are good and in my playlist. But how no one has mentioned the Bee Gees thus far is beyond me. I heard this rarely played song a week ago on XM and have been playing my Bee Gees playlist pretty hard ever since.

 

All of these listed so far are good and in my playlist. But how no one has mentioned the Bee Gees thus far is beyond me. I heard this rarely played song a week ago on XM and have been playing my Bee Gees playlist pretty hard ever si

 

I was going to say the album Saturday Night Fever but chickened out.

Although, I maintain that there is no such thing as a music " guilty pleasure". It's good or it isn't. But, I will play along for the sake of this entertaining thread. The Bee Gees "Saturday Night Fever" record is great!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.