Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Musical "guilty pleasure"

Featured Replies

Air Supply is playing at Belterra next month.

 

“You either evolve or you don’t. I don’t like old people on a rock n’ roll stage. I think they look pathetic, me included. And the fact that I represent an era means I can’t just go out there and do all new stuff. They would all say, ‘Sing ‘White Rabbit,” and I’d say no? That’s rude.” ---GRACE SLICK

  • Replies 62
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Horrible, horrible band. Cheap Nirvana knock-offs.

 

Actually, you're right.

One out of three ain't bad, though ...Bush sucked!

B-ball-fan, I used to have the 45 to the Partridge song, "Doesn't Somebody.." I think this might have been on the flip side:

 

 

I dig that song too amongst others like "I Woke Up in Love This Morning", "Echo Valley 26809", and "I'll Meet You Half Way".

 

My very first album in my record collection was a Partridge Family album (still have it) that I got for Christmas when I was 8. That year it was really the only thing that mattered to me to get. Sure I dug my other toys and such, but getting that record was on the top of my list.

  • Author
Air Supply is playing at Belterra next month.

 

I draw the line at listening.

I draw the line at listening.

 

 

Grace Slick

 

“Old people should be heard but not seen. Young people should be seen, not heard.”

Grace Slick

Not a guilty pleasure but I've been listening to Johnny Rivers a ton lately. Like that style of guitar and love a lot of his music.

 

He was the initial act booked weekly at the Whiskey a Go Go in LA when it opened.

Rock Operas are mine. Love Andrew Lloyd Webber

Probably Maroon 5 and the occasional T-Swift.

Barry Manilow.

... and the Carpenters.

 

Not quite. The Carpenters can be excused because Karen had such a pure, innocent, beautiful voice. Barry, not so much. All he had was sad lyrics.

 

But when you're in the mood for it, they're perfect.

Depeche Mode...

 

Used to cut a mean rug to these guys back in the 90s. And met Mrs. C1 while dancing to Depeche Mode.

 

My son just doesn't get it since now I'm primarily a country, bluegrass, rock guy! But oh thanks be to Depeche Mode...

 

:lol2:

Barry Manilow.

 

Mrs TAC just got tickets to see him. Asked me if I wanted to go, hesitated and turned down the night out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.