Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

if the GM is reading this please don't rush Homer Bailey.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats kinda funny.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thats kinda funny.

 

IF the GM "is" reading any of this, it's crazy. :lol:

Dayton Daily News: "There was talk the Reds and Colorado Rockies might put together a deal that wsould send LaRue to the Rockies for left-handed relief pitcher Ray King. The Rockies, though, say they plan to call up a catcher from their minor-league system and the Reds are not interested in King, a guy who has made a career out of retiring the Reds, wherever he pitched."

Dayton Daily News: "There was talk the Reds and Colorado Rockies might put together a deal that wsould send LaRue to the Rockies for left-handed relief pitcher Ray King. The Rockies, though, say they plan to call up a catcher from their minor-league system and the Reds are not interested in King, a guy who has made a career out of retiring the Reds, wherever he pitched."

 

 

If the Rockies plan on bringing up a young catcher and the Reds are not interested in King, then why is there talks?

Stark, your point about adding a pitcher are right on the money. I think that is part of the overall plan but even if they don't the trade that was made was a necessary one. If the Reds had stood pat with their current bullpen there is no way they make the playoffs. Could they have gotten more for Lopez and Kearns? I have no idea but my guess is that the Reds explored several options.

Dayton Daily News: "There was talk the Reds and Colorado Rockies might put together a deal that wsould send LaRue to the Rockies for left-handed relief pitcher Ray King. The Rockies, though, say they plan to call up a catcher from their minor-league system and the Reds are not interested in King, a guy who has made a career out of retiring the Reds, wherever he pitched."

 

That can't give Krivsky much confidence in ever being able to move LaRue for anything...

I think King would be a good addition.

I think King would be a good addition.

In place of who that is out there now? Mercker? Bray? One of the righties?

Not sure if the Reds have anything to part with to get one of the major additions. Unless you are willing to part with Homer and I say a big no way on that.

In place of who that is out there now? Mercker? Bray? One of the righties?

 

Is it possible to have too many lefties?

Okay, question that needs to be debated on here regarding Reds' prospects:

 

Obviously, everyone is very high on Joey Votto. Now, since we can assume (especially after the trade) that Dunn probably isn't going anywhere, and since we can assume that Encarnacion "may" end up at 1B (especially since they moved Aaron Herr to 3B), will Votto ever be a fixture on this roster? Additionally, remember, Votto is a slugging left-hander -- would they want two of them in the order together?

 

My point is this, I doubt you'll see him in the line-up as a fixture, and if that's the case, do you think the Reds are willing to deal him for a front-line pitcher? The Giants (hanging on to hope -- so sue me) have clearly lost faith in Lance Niekro.

I think this got lost in the deluge of posts since then. Any thoughts on what role Votto will ever fill at the big-league level, and is he expendable?

Is it possible to have too many lefties?

My mind, yes. With the number of right-handed hitters in the game, and Ray King's numbers v. Right-handed hitters (this year his ERA v. righties is a robust 7.82), I'd say yes. I think adding a purely situational lefty is a luxury that the Reds just don't have right now.

 

That being said -- I'd give Jason LaRue away for anything, just to get out from under the contract.

I think this got lost in the deluge of posts since then. Any thoughts on what role Votto will ever fill at the big-league level, and is he expendable?

 

No where to put him, you have to deal him...don't you?

I think this got lost in the deluge of posts since then. Any thoughts on what role Votto will ever fill at the big-league level, and is he expendable?

 

 

 

I believe Votto is expendable, especially if 1st base is in Encarnacion's future. I guess the real question would be what could Votto fetch us in return? Would anyone be in favor of trading Votto and Homer Bailey to rent Barry Zito for 4 months?

My mind, yes. With the number of right-handed hitters in the game, and Ray King's numbers v. Right-handed hitters (this year his ERA v. righties is a robust 7.82), I'd say yes. I think adding a purely situational lefty is a luxury that the Reds just don't have right now.

 

That being said -- I'd give Jason LaRue away for anything, just to get out from under the contract.

 

To me, one good righty is enough. The rest could be lefties.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.