Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

No where to put him, you have to deal him...don't you?

That's my point -- I think he is a great young prospect, but expendable, and could be the piece necessary to help land a starter. Just my interpretation on the farm system, no one else's.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mind, yes. With the number of right-handed hitters in the game, and Ray King's numbers v. Right-handed hitters (this year his ERA v. righties is a robust 7.82), I'd say yes. I think adding a purely situational lefty is a luxury that the Reds just don't have right now.

 

 

 

Not to mention that Juan Castro hit a three run homer off him, and everyone knows he can't hit. :D

To me, one good righty is enough. The rest could be lefties.

Really? That is surprising to hear. However, Rolen, Pujols, David Wright, Carlos Lee, Alfonso Soriano, Nomar, et al think it's a great idea. :D

Really? That is surprising to hear. However, Rolen, Pujols, David Wright, Carlos Lee, Alfonso Soriano, Nomar, et al think it's a great idea. :D

 

They'll hit regardless...

I believe Votto is expendable, especially if 1st base is in Encarnacion's future. I guess the real question would be what could Votto fetch us in return? Would anyone be in favor of trading Votto and Homer Bailey to rent Barry Zito for 4 months?

 

 

I'd say no on this one. I'd love the Reds to go after Zito for 4 months, but I'd rather them save the 4 million it would cost them and offer him 15 million a year for next year.

They'll hit regardless...

Yeah, but do you have to "tee it up" for them? :devil:

Honestly, I wouldn't include Homer Bailey in any deal right now. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't.

I believe Votto is expendable, especially if 1st base is in Encarnacion's future. I guess the real question would be what could Votto fetch us in return? Would anyone be in favor of trading Votto and Homer Bailey to rent Barry Zito for 4 months?

I can't see them trading Bailey unless the vault is unlocked in what they get in return.

 

We have heard over and over and over about pitching.

And we have heard over and over and over about how good Bailey is.

And then to trade him for a pitcher you might only have for 4 months.

 

That would be hard for the fans to take.

I wouldn't trade Bailey either for the record.

Yeah, but do you have to "tee it up" for them? :devil:

 

You just make sure your righty has a rubber arm...

Honestly, I wouldn't include Homer Bailey in any deal right now. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't.

:thumb: :thumb:

I believe Votto is expendable, especially if 1st base is in Encarnacion's future. I guess the real question would be what could Votto fetch us in return? Would anyone be in favor of trading Votto and Homer Bailey to rent Barry Zito for 4 months?

 

There is NO way the Reds would ever do this.... They are our 2 best prospects who are only a year or 2 from the show, no way in heck do we do this, especially to get a guy for only 4 months.

There is NO way the Reds would ever do this.... They are our 2 best prospects who are only a year or 2 from the show, no way in heck do we do this, especially to get a guy for only 4 months.

IF E-5 moves to 1B, would you not consider him a better prospect than Votto???

AAU, read post #821. There are a lot of reasons why Votto isn't only expendable, but a man with virtually no shot of being a regular with the Reds. Aaron Herr is, in my mind, ahead of Votto at this point on the depth chart.

Aaron Herr is, in my mind, ahead of Votto at this point on the depth chart.

It seems that way to me as well...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.