December 5, 201510 yr We have a winner for Gun Cliche of the Day. Probably the No. 1 gun cliche of all time. For starters, we need to resurrect the assault weapons ban that lapsed in 2004. I also see that Ryan and McConnell are saying no to restricting gun sales to people on current do-not-fly lists. Talk about a No. 1 gun cliche of all time!!! The administration (and the last one that passed an "assault weapons" ban) don't even know what an assault weapon is. They don't know if military style weapons are more deadly than hunting rifles or the other way around. After all that has been tried to explain the difference, I don't think you know either....
December 5, 201510 yr God isn't fixing this.... Legislation might or might not, but it's a starter. God gives us free will. Sadly there are a lot of Godless, evil people.
December 5, 201510 yr Maybe this explains why this discussion is so frustrating in Kentucky. Kentucky leads nation in firearms background checks but not all equal sales Obviously all states are not equal. Maybe of all states had stats like Kentucky, we wouldn't be having these debates. I ask this respectfully, but do you know why KY leads the nation in background checks? Because the title, while not misleading, does not tell the whole story nor does the article.
December 5, 201510 yr Could it be a leadership problem? There has been more mass shootings during Obama's reign than the last four presidents combined..
December 5, 201510 yr Could it be a leadership problem? There has been more mass shootings during Obama's reign than the last four presidents combined.. I'm sure the usual suspects will tell you it's Bush's fault...
December 5, 201510 yr The original gun control organization was the KKK. This is a fact. Gun control is a method of oppression. The white hoods knew it.
December 5, 201510 yr Outside of JD's studied analysis, we're getting the same usual kneejerk cliche-ish stuff this morning from the BGP-NRA wild bunch. "It's a people problem, not a gun problem." Duh. Crossbows were the AK-47s of their day. Duh. And now I learned that gun control originated in this country with the KKK. That one was good for a laugh. What's happening, of course, is that the Democrats are starting to make the GOP accountable for its recalcitrance on the gun-control front (do-not-fly vote). If the GOP and NRA were smart, they would propose minor legislation to appease the Ft. Thomas female crowd, but that ain't even happening. This could cost the GOP votes next November.
December 5, 201510 yr I may lose my vote, but I promise I won't, nor any law abiding citizen, lose their guns... Get over it.
December 5, 201510 yr Outside of JD's studied analysis, we're getting the same usual kneejerk cliche-ish stuff this morning from the BGP-NRA wild bunch. "It's a people problem, not a gun problem." Duh. Crossbows were the AK-47s of their day. Duh. And now I learned that gun control originated in this country with the KKK. That one was good for a laugh. What's happening, of course, is that the Democrats are starting to make the GOP accountable for its recalcitrance on the gun-control front (do-not-fly vote). If the GOP and NRA were smart, they would propose minor legislation to appease the Ft. Thomas female crowd, but that ain't even happening. This could cost the GOP votes next November. Tell us, oh wise one, what gun control will do to stop terrorism. How did gun control stop the terror attacks in France? What gun control measure can regulate a sick mind? How will gun control sort out who the next crazed individual will be that will commit these sick actions? How will gun control keep criminals/mentally ill/terrorists from obtaining guns if they really want them?
December 5, 201510 yr Tell us, oh wise one, what gun control will do to stop terrorism. How did gun control stop the terror attacks in France? What gun control measure can regulate a sick mind? How will gun control sort out who the next crazed individual will be that will commit these sick actions? How will gun control keep criminals/mentally ill/terrorists from obtaining guns if they really want them? You're the expert. I know less than you've forgotten. What I do know is that in some countries, what we're experiencing is not a problem. I'm also just trying to get a handle on gun ownership psychology. Have there been any legitimate gun confiscation efforts in Kentucky since, say, WWII?
December 5, 201510 yr You're the expert. I know less than you've forgotten. What I do know is that in some countries, what we're experiencing is not a problem. I'm also just trying to get a handle on gun ownership psychology. Have there been any legitimate gun confiscation efforts in Kentucky since, say, WWII? I never once mentioned gun confiscation. Not once. Is that something you think we should be doing? I need a little more to go on by what you mean by getting a handle on gun ownership psychology. As for other countries, I'd say drugs (our "war on them") and the overuse of psychotropic drugs could be a very large part of the problem. Add to that, inner city crime and gangs.
December 5, 201510 yr I never once mentioned gun confiscation. Not once. Is that something you think we should be doing? I need a little more to go on by what you mean by getting a handle on gun ownership psychology. As for other countries, I'd say drugs (our "war on them") and the overuse of psychotropic drugs could be a very large part of the problem. Add to that, inner city crime and gangs. I should have been clearer. I was referring to Commando's post 114.
December 5, 201510 yr Based on JD's analysis of the Democratic platform, it's another example of the we have to pass it before we read it philosophy they do so love. Funny and sad at the same time.
December 5, 201510 yr There are radical people of all religions in this country. Last few months should prove that. Again are you trying to equate radical christianity in this country and the globe to radical Islam. I'm really trying to understand.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.