Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The San Bernadino killings are a "wonderful opportunity" ???

Featured Replies

Since ash trays and table forks are also weapons ... my goal is to see more would-be mass murderers use ash trays and table forks instead of military assault weapons to do their thing.
Military assault weapons? What did I miss?!!! I better turn off football and turn the news back on!

 

See folks, TTP has proved what I was saying. Complete and total lack of understanding what is and what isn't.

 

Fear is the lengthened shadow of ignorance. ~ Arnold Glasow

  • Replies 355
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Military assault weapons? What did I miss?!!! I better turn off football and turn the news back on!

 

See folks, TTP has proved what I was saying. Complete and total lack of understanding what is and what isn't.

 

Fear is the lengthened shadow of ignorance. ~ Arnold Glasow

Have you ever fried bacon on your military assault weapon like Ted Cruz did?

You're the expert. I know less than you've forgotten. What I do know is that in some countries, what we're experiencing is not a problem. I'm also just trying to get a handle on gun ownership psychology. Have there been any legitimate gun confiscation efforts in Kentucky since, say, WWII?

 

Where are your statistics from these other countries?

TwoToPlace I asked you what laws you think were needed to control/eliminate events like happened recently and you gave me a link to the Democrat Position. When I gave you pretty much point by point why that was a useless piece of fluuf, I had hoped you would counter with an Idea of your own.

 

So as you keep saying the NRA/GOP Dems or whoever need new laws put in place, I'll ask one more time...what Laws would YOU put in place today, if you had all of the power to do so, that would eliminate mass shootings?

 

I'm seriously asking for a proposal from you and not recycled rhetoric. So read up on current laws and learn the difference in the guns used in these attacks and actual assault rifles and give me what President TwoToPlace would put in place to end or diminish gun violence.

Have you ever fried bacon on your military assault weapon like Ted Cruz did?

 

I'm curious. Do you know the difference between bacon and military assault weapons?

Where are your statistics from these other countries?

Let's do a 9th grade compare and contrast -- Japan and the U.S.

 

If the United States has the loosest gun laws in the developed world, then Japan has the strictest.

 

In Japan, most guns are illegal, with onerous restrictions on the few that are legal.

 

Police in Japan also have far broader search-and-seizure powers.

 

Japan has a remarkably low rate of firearm deaths. In 2008, when the United States experienced over 12,000 gun-related homicides, Japan had only 11.

 

That same year in the United States, 587 people were killed just by accidental gun discharges. In 2006 in Japan, a nation of 128 million people, only two were killed by guns.

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2012/12/14/the-japan-lesson-can-americans-learn-from-the-country-that-has-almost-zero-gun-deaths/

I'm curious. Do you know the difference between bacon and military assault weapons?

One is protected by the 2nd Amendment. In many red states, it's illegal to secretly video-tape incidents of animal abuse.

One is protected by the 2nd Amendment. In many red states, it's illegal to secretly video-tape incidents of animal abuse.

 

So, the answer is no?

TwoToPlace I asked you what laws you think were needed to control/eliminate events like happened recently and you gave me a link to the Democrat Position. When I gave you pretty much point by point why that was a useless piece of fluuf, I had hoped you would counter with an Idea of your own.

 

So as you keep saying the NRA/GOP Dems or whoever need new laws put in place, I'll ask one more time...what Laws would YOU put in place today, if you had all of the power to do so, that would eliminate mass shootings?

 

I'm seriously asking for a proposal from you and not recycled rhetoric. So read up on current laws and learn the difference in the guns used in these attacks and actual assault rifles and give me what President TwoToPlace would put in place to end or diminish gun violence.

See post 156. We need to do what countries with low gun death rates do.

Are we going to ban the "assault like clothing" they wore next? No civilian needs more than 4 pockets right?

 

They just want those evil cargo pants banned from Police Use!

The gun show loophole that I am referring to is the fact that a seller not holding a Federal Firearms License can sell to an individual without any paperwork or background check on the buyer! This I believe should be changed as it is not consistent with retail laws.

How would that work? How do you keep one guy from selling private property to another one?

 

Even if a law was passed saying that I had to do a background check on my neighbor before I could sell him a gun...I'm sure there would a be a Government Fee for that, right? The only people doing it would be people that are currently law abiding citizens, they would be paying the extra fees and keeping up with the extra paperwork...while those outside the law would just keep on doing things just like they are today.

 

The only people out money or inconvenienced would be law abiding citizens.

See post 156. We need to do what countries with low gun death rates do.

 

In essence you want want gun ownership outlawed like in Japan. I'd respect your position much more if you'd just come out and admit that at the end of the day you want all guns outlawed.

 

Maybe instead of copying Japan we should copy another country with almost no gun violence, Switzerland. Where gun ownership is mandatory for nearly every male in the country.

 

West Wing, which was far left as far as ideology went, actually put out a well versed dissenting comment here.

In essence you want want gun ownership outlawed like in Japan. I'd respect your position much more if you'd just come out and admit that at the end of the day you want all guns outlawed.

 

Maybe instead of copying Japan we should copy another country with almost no gun violence, Switzerland. Where gun ownership is mandatory for nearly every male in the country.

Japan vis-a-vis U.S. admittedly is the starkest contrast. Scores of other countries do it better than we do, and they're not as strict as Japan.

 

12,000-plus vs. 2.

 

Makes one think about the cost of freedom and the price of safety, doesn't it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.