Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The San Bernadino killings are a "wonderful opportunity" ???

Featured Replies

Just a different way of looking at it...here is the first tweet by each after the shootings...Seems like they are all using the same playbook.

 

Hillary Clinton ‏@HillaryClinton Dec 2 Hillary Clinton Retweeted The New York Times

I refuse to accept this as normal. We must take action to stop gun violence now. -H

 

Bernie Sanders ‏@BernieSanders Dec 2 Mass shootings are becoming an almost-everyday occurrence in this country. This sickening and senseless gun violence must stop.

 

Martin O'Malley ‏@MartinOMalley Dec 2

Horrifying news out of #SanBernardino. Enough is enough: it's time to stand up to the @NRA and enact meaningful gun safety laws

 

 

 

 

While some mock Paul, Cruz, Graham and Ryan for showing compassion towards victims first.

 

godnotfixer_small.jpg

 

 

God isn't fixing this.... Legislation might or might not, but it's a starter.

  • Replies 355
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God isn't fixing this.... Legislation might or might not, but it's a starter.

 

What legislation would have stopped this? A law against killing maybe...that's it, make killing illegal....Seriously I'm willing to listen, but what law that can ever be passed can eliminate acts like this?

What legislation would have stopped this? A law against killing maybe...that's it, make killing illegal....Seriously I'm willing to listen, but what law that can ever be passed can eliminate acts like this?

Here's the Democratic Party platform on gun control. Lots of solid recommendations. Let us know which common-sense answers for a safer America appeal to you the most.

 

Democratic Party on Gun Control

 

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_position_of_the_Democratic_Party_on_gun_control

What legislation would have stopped this? A law against killing maybe...that's it, make killing illegal....Seriously I'm willing to listen, but what law that can ever be passed can eliminate acts like this?

The legislation man, you know the common sense law! The meaningful gun safety law, the stop gun violence law! Any law, they just want to pass some law! It doesn't have to mean anything as long as they get credit for passing a gun law! Please let them pass a law so they'll stop!

Seriously, if the president would present his case for closing the gun show loophole he would have it passed very quickly and I would support it 100%, I don't see any other proposals that would seriously affect mass killings!

Here's the Democratic Party platform on gun control. Lots of solid recommendations. Let us know which common-sense answers for a safer America appeal to you the most.

 

Democratic Party on Gun Control

 

Quotes are from your link...

 

Right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation

We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements--like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole--so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few.

Source: 2012 Democratic Party Platform , Sep 4, 2012

I have NO ISSUE strengthening the background check system and if you go back through most of my post on this subject I have advocated for that very thing. One thing that HAS to be included is Mental Health Records, but that is the stumbling block for many of my friends on the left and some on the right as they think HIPPA is the be all end all piece of legislation that can't be changed for common sense reasons.

 

Reauthorize assault weapons ban, close gun show loophole

We will protect Americans’ Second Amendment right to own firearms, and we will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and terrorists by fighting gun crime, reauthorizing the assault weapons ban, and closing the gun show loophole, as President Bush proposed and failed to do.

Source: The Democratic Platform for America, p.18 , Jul 10, 2004

Assault Weapons Ban...Last time it only banned guns that "looked mean" or "Militaristic" Full Auto Firearms have been strongly regulated for the better part of the last 70 years (per the National Firearms Act of 1934) No one legally owning a Fully Automatic Firearm (which by definition an Assault Rifle is) has committed one mass shooting.

Gun Show Loophole...I've bought guns at gun shows for over 25 years, I've completed paperwork each and every time and since background checks became mandatory it has been checked each time before I received possession of the firearm. Basically there is no such thing as a Gun Show Loophole, gun shows are filled with Licensed Firearms dealers and they ALWAYS do the paperwork.

 

There is a private seller loophole, basically if I sell you a gun that I own privately there is no current mechanism for me to verify that you can legally own a gun...that is something that could be fixed.

 

Strengthen gun control to reduce violence

Democrats passed the Brady Law and the Assault Weapons Ban. We increased federal, state, and local gun crime prosecution by 22 percent since 1992. Now gun crime is down by 35 percent. Now we must do even more. We need mandatory child safety locks. We should require a photo license I.D., a background check, and a gun safety test to buy a new handgun. We support more federal gun prosecutors and giving states and communities another 10,000 prosecutors to fight gun crime.

Every new gun sold in America comes with Safety Locks already.

Photo ID and background check is already required.

A Safety Test will not reduce gun crime...it is there just to make people feel better. Anyone (At least in KY) that has a Concealed Carry Permit has safety training as part of the process to receive the permit.

 

 

Most of what the Democrats are saying is already in place, but by in far this position is put out for the Firearm Illiterate. It talks about Assault Weapons (without defining what they actually are) Child Safety Locks (already in every box when you buy a gun) Gun Show Loopholes (which don't actually exist) Needing Photo ID's to buy a gun (Already required and has been for decades) and Safety Training (which will do nothing to reduce gun crime) but it's makes the uninformed reading it feel all warm and fuzzy.

 

What no one talks about is putting in mandatory minimums when a firearm is used in the commission of a crime, because that may impact criminals negatively.

 

I (by proxy, yes ATF has my fingerprints) was a Firearms Dealer for years, I've went through a dozen ATF Audits of our records and completed or verified the ATF-4473 form on 1,000's of Firearms sales.

The NYT ran their first front page editorial since 1920 - on Gun Control - after the Islamic attack.

 

After the Islamic terrorism attack, Tom Brokaw did this segment in his Paul Harvey-ish radio segment (Brokaw is no Harvey):

 

An American Story 12/4/15 (Audio)

The gun show loophole that I am referring to is the fact that a seller not holding a Federal Firearms License can sell to an individual without any paperwork or background check on the buyer! This I believe should be changed as it is not consistent with retail laws.

Quotes are from your link...

 

 

I have NO ISSUE strengthening the background check system and if you go back through most of my post on this subject I have advocated for that very thing. One thing that HAS to be included is Mental Health Records, but that is the stumbling block for many of my friends on the left and some on the right as they think HIPPA is the be all end all piece of legislation that can't be changed for common sense reasons.

 

 

Assault Weapons Ban...Last time it only banned guns that "looked mean" or "Militaristic" Full Auto Firearms have been strongly regulated for the better part of the last 70 years (per the National Firearms Act of 1934) No one legally owning a Fully Automatic Firearm (which by definition an Assault Rifle is) has committed one mass shooting.

Gun Show Loophole...I've bought guns at gun shows for over 25 years, I've completed paperwork each and every time and since background checks became mandatory it has been checked each time before I received possession of the firearm. Basically there is no such thing as a Gun Show Loophole, gun shows are filled with Licensed Firearms dealers and they ALWAYS do the paperwork.

 

There is a private seller loophole, basically if I sell you a gun that I own privately there is no current mechanism for me to verify that you can legally own a gun...that is something that could be fixed.

 

 

Every new gun sold in America comes with Safety Locks already.

Photo ID and background check is already required.

A Safety Test will not reduce gun crime...it is there just to make people feel better. Anyone (At least in KY) that has a Concealed Carry Permit has safety training as part of the process to receive the permit.

 

 

Most of what the Democrats are saying is already in place, but by in far this position is put out for the Firearm Illiterate. It talks about Assault Weapons (without defining what they actually are) Child Safety Locks (already in every box when you buy a gun) Gun Show Loopholes (which don't actually exist) Needing Photo ID's to buy a gun (Already required and has been for decades) and Safety Training (which will do nothing to reduce gun crime) but it's makes the uninformed reading it feel all warm and fuzzy.

 

What no one talks about is putting in mandatory minimums when a firearm is used in the commission of a crime, because that may impact criminals negatively.

 

I (by proxy, yes ATF has my fingerprints) was a Firearms Dealer for years, I've went through a dozen ATF Audits of our records and completed or verified the ATF-4473 form on 1,000's of Firearms sales.

Good analysis. One question before I retire: Would the (main) weapons used by Dear in Colorado and by the San Bernardino pair been illegal to own when the assault weapons ban was in place from 1994-2004?

Good analysis. One question before I retire: Would the (main) weapons used by Dear in Colorado and by the San Bernardino pair been illegal to own when the assault weapons ban was in place from 1994-2004?

 

No.

Ownership was never illegal. The ban only stopped manufacture of guns during that time frame. Any firearms built before hand were still legal to own and sell.

Back to talking about pistol grips and sliding stocks again?

Seriously, if the president would present his case for closing the gun show loophole he would have it passed very quickly and I would support it 100%, I don't see any other proposals that would seriously affect mass killings!

 

IMO we need to find out what we "might" be able to change to possibly make it harder for guys like this and normal criminals from buying guns, without preventing normal people from buying. If they were successful in making their 12 + plus pipe bombs it wouldn't have stopped that through.

 

I haven't been following it too much to know what was in the bill, but what was the bill that was defeated this past week that said that if you are on the terror watch list or no fly list you can't buy a gun?

S.Jackson 2.jpg

 

I couldn't agree more!

 

IMO we need to find out what we "might" be able to change to possibly make it harder for guys like this and normal criminals from buying guns, without preventing normal people from buying. If they were successful in making their 12 + plus pipe bombs it wouldn't have stopped that through.

 

I haven't been following it too much to know what was in the bill, but what was the bill that was defeated this past week that said that if you are on the terror watch list or no fly list you can't buy a gun?

 

Yeah, and apparently our own department of homeland security has around 72 people on the watch list. If that's true, I can see why that bill was defeated.

Every single member of CAIR should be on the watch list.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.