Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The San Bernadino killings are a "wonderful opportunity" ???

Featured Replies

Excellent editorial. And I'm not just saying this to get under your skin. If the NRA (which controls the puppet strings of the GOP congressional delegation) were smart, it would take the lead in introducing new gun-control measures in this country.

 

But, alas, that ain't gonna happen because the NRA itself is controlled by the companies that manufacture and peddle guns and ammo.

 

Trust me, you don't get under my skin. I told you my thoughts, I know you disagree. You and I will never agree on this subject because I know full well that the gun control that you and the left want passed will do nothing to stop the problem. What you and others cant seem to phantom, is that (cliché or no) guns aren't the problem. It's not how they look, it's not that they're semi automatic, it's not what accessories they have. It's not the gun. I, as well as others have tried to touch on things we see as the problems. They get ignored and it comes straight back to guns. Maybe Eric Holder was right about brainwashing the American people into wanting to get rid of guns. Seems to have taken affect on some.

  • Replies 355
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The most polite way I can respond to this post is its naive at best or lying on purpose.

 

You come off as an intelligent poster in most cases. But if you really can't see a difference in extremism globally or at home between these religions there really isn't a reason to discuss further because you refuse to see the truth.

This response isn't surprising. Just a few days ago you struggled mightily to properly quote an article on multiple occasions. I wouldn't expect you to respond to points in a post without insults...

In an attempt to get back to the thread title, an opportunity, if this can be used as an opportunity to sit down and discus how we can improve to make it at least harder for this with bad intentions from getting guns, what will we need to do? To help keep the bad guys from getting guns or make it more difficult, and at the same time not preventing law abiding citizens from owning guns.

 

I'll start with the lawmaker in Texas, who was against the refugees from coming to the US.. He said that it would be easy for any one of them to buy a gun. If that is true, how can we prevent that from happening? That would seem like it is too easy to buy a gun.

 

How can we work together on this? To at least make it harder for those with bad intentions, those with mental issues, from buying guns?

Perhaps states will lead the way. In Colorado, Gov. John Hickenlooper was quoted in the Denver Post within the past few days:

 

"(Hickenlooper) said he's having private conversations with people previously opposed to any changes to gun laws "who are now saying, 'I'm in. Let's figure out what to do.' "

 

Encouraging.

Trust me, you don't get under my skin. I told you my thoughts, I know you disagree. You and I will never agree on this subject because I know full well that the gun control that you and the left want passed will do nothing to stop the problem. What you and others cant seem to phantom, is that (cliché or no) guns aren't the problem. It's not how they look, it's not that they're semi automatic, it's not what accessories they have. It's not the gun. I, as well as others have tried to touch on things we see as the problems. They get ignored and it comes straight back to guns. Maybe Eric Holder was right about brainwashing the American people into wanting to get rid of guns. Seems to have taken affect on some.

Yes, types of weapons now OK to own are also part of the problem.

 

From the NY Times editorial:

 

"It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection."

Actually, I DID read the article. The number in Kentucky accounts also for the number of re-checks for people already permitted. My point, which I'm sure you'll diminish in some fashion, is that if all states were re-checking current permit holders, then maybe a lot of us would feel safer about those who own/carry guns.

 

You are, I'm certain, going to find some sort of excuse to keep poo-poo-ing anything that has any impact on gun ownership. But the reality is that not all states have the same processes, and it most certainly is a concerning issue.

 

Alrighty then. Someone needs more coffee this morning.

 

I DID READ the article also. I was agreeing that Kentucky was doing a good job.

 

As a CCDW holder myself, I think it is everyone's right, guaranteed by the Constitution, to own a firearm, rifle, etc. It needs to be responsible gun ownership. You cannot legislate responsibility.

 

You do realize Kentucky has the most freedom in gun legislation. Only one mass shooting here. That was at Heath High School. That was in 1997. Seems our legislation is keeping more people safe than those states with the strictest gun legislation.

 

So are you saying more states need to loosen their restrictions and become more like Kentucky?

It is time we get someone that bleeds red, white and blue as president and get rid of all the problems. Obama needs in peached.

Yes, types of weapons now OK to own are also part of the problem.

 

From the NY Times editorial:

 

"It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection."

 

A comment made by someone that no doubt has zero clue of the difference between the damage an AK 47 can do vs something like a Winchester Model 100 or vs a Model 1894. I can go on and on...

Talk about a No. 1 gun cliche of all time!!! The administration (and the last one that passed an "assault weapons" ban) don't even know what an assault weapon is. They don't know if military style weapons are more deadly than hunting rifles or the other way around. After all that has been tried to explain the difference' date=' I don't think you know either....[/quote']

 

The left wingers are so full of guilt from the political correctness they created they can't even call out the terrorist, they still stick to their gun agenda.

The left wingers are so full of guilt from the political correctness they created they can't even call out the terrorist, they still stick to their gun agenda.

 

And all I can do is shake my head.

Yes, types of weapons now OK to own are also part of the problem.

 

From the NY Times editorial:

 

"It is a moral outrage and a national disgrace that civilians can legally purchase weapons designed specifically to kill people with brutal speed and efficiency. These are weapons of war, barely modified and deliberately marketed as tools of macho vigilantism and even insurrection."

 

Perhaps the author of that article should stop using their outdated guide:

 

firearms_guide_zpsc4d415e7.jpg

A comment made by someone that no doubt has zero clue of the difference between the damage an AK 47 can do vs something like a Winchester Model 100 or vs a Model 1894. I can go on and on...
The left wingers are so full of guilt from the political correctness they created they can't even call out the terrorist, they still stick to their gun agenda.

And all I can do is shake my head.

Therapy -- Ft. Thomas style.

Speaking of therapy, you might get some relief from your phobia here: http://bluegrasspreps.com/controversial-issues/little-hoplophobia-therapy-313358.html

Wishing to protect Americans from gun-violence-run-amok is hardly a "phobia."

 

I'm wondering if there has ever been a MADD-like "Mothers Against Gun Violence" organization. Any idea? You're up to speed on this stuff.

Wishing to protect Americans from gun-violence-run-amok is hardly a "phobia."

 

I'm wondering if there has ever been a MADD-like "Mothers Against Gun Violence" organization. Any idea? You're up to speed on this stuff.

Your fear of guns is an absolute phobia. Fear the lawbreaker, not that which the lawbreaker uses.

 

Gadsdenflag.jpg

Your fear of guns is an absolute phobia. Fear the lawbreaker, not that which the lawbreaker uses.

Since ash trays and table forks are also weapons ... my goal is to see more would-be mass murderers use ash trays and table forks instead of military assault weapons to do their thing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.