Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

I would take my chances, I qualified as an expert marksman at 14 years old. Regardless of that, if I shot someone carrying a pocket knife and they were laying on the ground several feet from me motionless, I wouldn't feel the need to fire another 15 rounds at them.

 

 

So YOU would take your chances because YOU are an expert marksmen. I'm stressing this again because I don't want it to be misconstrued the video doesn't look good. I agree with that. However you can't make a blanket statement that it takes one bullet five or sixteen to stop a person with a knife.

 

That is all. I fully respect your take on the matter and think you'd be fine doing it the way you say you would.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would take my chances, I qualified as an expert marksman at 14 years old. Regardless of that, if I shot someone carrying a pocket knife and they were laying on the ground several feet from me motionless, I wouldn't feel the need to fire another 15 rounds at them.
Was that Military or Law Enforcement Qualified?
I love Twitter!!!

 

I can't find fatjason anywhere... Is it phat?

What about a man with a knife acting irrationally? Honest question.

 

Still doesn't justify a mag dump into a guy on the ground, he was taken out of the fight by the first few shots and those might have been justified.

So YOU would take your chances because YOU are an expert marksmen. I'm stressing this again because I don't want it to be misconstrued the video doesn't look good. I agree with that. However you can't make a blanket statement that it takes one bullet five or sixteen to stop a person with a knife.

 

That is all. I fully respect your take on the matter and think you'd be fine doing it the way you say you would.

 

No I would take my chances because the threat was laying on the ground after hit by the first round. The only visible threat he had was a knife, which would be rather difficult to inflict injury to someone slfrom the distance the police officer appears to be. Having confidence in my shooting ability wouldn't have had anything to do with this situation.

Wow, this is BAD for a lot of reasons. First, the cop shot him with NO justification IMO. One shot was too many and 16 is just insane. This is murder. Second, for it to take over a year to get to this point reeks of a cover-up to me. The mayor and police chief knew how bad it was and delayed this for a year. Heads should roll on this one.

 

I would take my chances, I qualified as an expert marksman at 14 years old. Regardless of that, if I shot someone carrying a pocket knife and they were laying on the ground several feet from me motionless, I wouldn't feel the need to fire another 15 rounds at them.

 

You ever shot at someone running at you trying to stab/kill you?

 

Again, so you or anyone else doesn't get confused...I know that isn't what happened here.

So YOU would take your chances because YOU are an expert marksmen. I'm stressing this again because I don't want it to be misconstrued the video doesn't look good. I agree with that. However you can't make a blanket statement that it takes one bullet five or sixteen to stop a person with a knife. That is all. I fully respect your take on the matter and think you'd be fine doing it the way you say you would.

 

I could show you videos of LE in other countries using non lethal methods of taking a guy down with a knife also. I understand they don't have to do that and if the guy is trying to kill them they have a right to shoot, but I've seen it done more than once.

 

Still doesn't justify a mag dump into a guy on the ground, he was taken out of the fight by the first few shots and those might have been justified.

 

No one said it justified it, right?

Was that Military or Law Enforcement Qualified?

 

Neither. I participated in NRA sanctioned events. Technically I don't believe I am certified as an expert maksman, however I did meet qualifications for expert marksman at northeastern gun club years ago. I guess that's where the difference between "qualified" and "certified" comes in.

AGAIN not the problem. I'm talking about you saying you can solve a knife problem with one bullet. Sometimes you can, that's not the case every time, especially with someone on PCP.

 

Agreed.

 

 

BUT, not justified in the Chicago shooting, especially after that first shot.

Still doesn't justify a mag dump into a guy on the ground, he was taken out of the fight by the first few shots and those might have been justified.

 

Which is why I've said multiple times it doesn't look good. Stop cherry picking.

No I would take my chances because the threat was laying on the ground after hit by the first round. The only visible threat he had was a knife, which would be rather difficult to inflict injury to someone slfrom the distance the police officer appears to be. Having confidence in my shooting ability wouldn't have had anything to do with this situation.

 

Ok.

I could show you videos of LE in other countries using non lethal methods of taking a guy down with a knife also. I understand they don't have to do that and if the guy is trying to kill them they have a right to shoot, but I've seen it done more than once.

 

 

Haha cool story.

I can't find fatjason anywhere... Is it phat?

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

Nah, just @JasonEAlexande1

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.