Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

I am.

 

I'm also having trouble seeing how there were numerous shots that would have entered through the back.

 

I'm having a hard time finding many shots to the back also. But what difference does it really make?

 

Once he was hit the first time, he dropped to the ground. So why keep shooting him? One would have to be a coward to believe that a young man with essentially a pocket knife is a threat to their life after they have already been shot and are not being aggressive.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having a hard time finding many shots to the back also. But what difference does it really make? Once he was hit the first time' date=' he dropped to the ground. So why keep shooting him? One would have to be a coward to believe that a young man with essentially a pocket knife is a threat to their life after they have already been shot and are not being aggressive.[/quote']

 

Not saying this is justified, but it wouldn't be hard to do serious damage, potentially even death, with a pocket knife.

 

Again...so my words aren't misconstrued, not saying this was justified.

I wish it had sound so I could hear the gunshots.

It happened so fast I think it might still be hard to count 16

It happened so fast I think it might still be hard to count 16

 

I thought I read all shots happened in about a 13 second window...hard to tell from the video if that is accurate.

You stated something as if it were fact. I think it was a fair question.

 

Fair indeed.

It's an easy fix. Post appropriately.

 

Again, I am not in the press. I report it as I find it . I subsequently found that it is being disputed and posted that.

I thought I read all shots happened in about a 13 second window...hard to tell from the video if that is accurate.

 

That seems right. It's hard to tell when the last shot was fired, but I came up with 15 seconds when I counted earlier.

Not saying this is justified, but it wouldn't be hard to do serious damage, potentially even death, with a pocket knife.

 

Again...so my words aren't misconstrued, not saying this was justified.

 

It would if your still laying on the ground....

It would if your still laying on the ground....

 

Correct. But the size of the knife is not the issue.

I'm having a hard time finding many shots to the back also. But what difference does it really make?

 

Once he was hit the first time, he dropped to the ground. So why keep shooting him? One would have to be a coward to believe that a young man with essentially a pocket knife is a threat to their life after they have already been shot and are not being aggressive.

 

It makes a difference in the autopsy report. It doesn't seem the video supports it.

Correct. But the size of the knife is not the issue.

 

Never said it was.

  • Author
I know this has no bearing on the crux of the matter in the justification for shooting that young man, but drugs are bad. I know it's like trying to walk on a strand of dental floss to make this sound less callous and in no way am I trying to justify this incident, but in his right mind this boy isn't in this situation. I hate the drug issues we have to deal with in this country. It's astounding and in this situation, cost this kid his life when it likely wouldn't have otherwise, the shooting not withstanding.

 

Drugs are very bad. Probably a discussion for a different thread but this kid had a very rough life. Everyone failed him. There were multiple cases opened by child services for abuse. He was a ward of the state when this murder occurred. The city settled for $5 million dollars with the family. Is this the same family that abused him and protective services took him out of the home?

It makes a difference in the autopsy report. It doesn't seem the video supports it.

 

OK, I get that. But again, does iit make it okay since he may have shot him in his chest (while laying on the ground) as opposed to shooting him in the back while laying on the ground?

Again, I am not in the press. I report it as I find it . I subsequently found that it is being disputed and posted that.

 

Ok, like I said post appropriately.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.