Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

Easy, investigator. Posting info as I find it.

 

But you do realize that's part of the current problem right? Folks read one sentence or statement then take it as the gospel and go about their day.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or are others struggling to determine when the 16 shots were fired?

 

I am.

 

I'm also having trouble seeing how there were numerous shots that would have entered through the back.

If I'm understanding it correctly, this was the journalist who was able to unearth the autopsy report and found that McDonald had been shot 16 times. This led to doubt about what the police had told the public and thus led to demands to see the video. I think this has added a lot of fuel to the fire here.

 

Laquan McDonald shooting: A recently obtained autopsy report on the dead teen complicates the Chicago Police Department?s story.

 

I understand how there are questions about the CPD story.

 

After seeing the video, I am wondering about the autopsy report.

The guy had a knife. He had already punctured a police cruiser tire. He was high on PCP according to autopsy. According to statements, he refused to drop knife after many requests. The shooting would probably of ended up justified. But there is no way to defend unloading a clip into a guy laying on the ground.

 

That's where training comes into question if that's the case.

I know this has no bearing on the crux of the matter in the justification for shooting that young man, but drugs are bad. I know it's like trying to walk on a strand of dental floss to make this sound less callous and in no way am I trying to justify this incident, but in his right mind this boy isn't in this situation. I hate the drug issues we have to deal with in this country. It's astounding and in this situation, cost this kid his life when it likely wouldn't have otherwise, the shooting not withstanding.

But you do realize that's part of the current problem right? Folks read one sentence or statement then take it as the gospel and go about their day.

 

That's on them. I post it as I find it online.

Isn't that sad? I dunno I don't get it.

 

Very sad. And depressing.

Very sad. And depressing.

 

Sorry, not trying to get anyone down before the holidays but yea.

That's on them. I post it as I find it online.

 

 

Then IMO you are part of the problem.

Then IMO you are part of the problem.

 

Duly noted.

Duly noted.

 

 

It's an easy fix. Post appropriately.

To be fair, the family did not want the video released either.

 

Of course not. They already received 5 million dollars.

What about a man with a knife acting irrationally? Honest question.

 

How many bullets does it take to resolve a situation with a knife? I could do it with one, just like the officer did, yet he proceeded to empty his clip on the young man.

Easy' date=' investigator. Posting info as I find it.[/quote']

 

You stated something as if it were fact. I think it was a fair question.

I wish it had sound so I could hear the gunshots.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.