Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

What does the one officer kick away from his hand at the 5:53 mark?

 

Has that been reported anywhere?

 

I've not read the links or any news on this story.

 

I would assume the knife.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen it on Facebook and Twitter.

 

Have you seen a lot of outrage from it?

A big problem I have with this is that the threat was obviously neutralized after he was shot the first time, if there really ever was an immediate threat, since he was walking away from the police. He dropped to the ground immediately after being shot the first time and made no attempt to get up or move toward the officers. Yet he was shot 15 more times?

 

Another problem I have is that the Chicago pd did everything they could to keep this video from being released. Some claim that they erased video from businesses security systems that caught the shooting on camera, whether that's true or not I have no idea. But it sounds like a cover up to me.

 

The body language of the police superintendent and the mayor spoke volumes to me. On top of that, did you see how many police vehicles were there? Why isn't the dash cam from those vehicles being released? Also no audio due to technical difficulties?

  • Author
What does the one officer kick away from his hand at the 5:53 mark?

 

Has that been reported anywhere?

 

I've not read the links or any news on this story.

 

The guy had a knife. He had already punctured a police cruiser tire. He was high on PCP according to autopsy. According to statements, he refused to drop knife after many requests. The shooting would probably of ended up justified. But there is no way to defend unloading a clip into a guy laying on the ground.

I have a good friend traveling to Chicago this Friday. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds like it could be up there.

 

Sadly my first thought was is he white or black. If he's clearly Asian he should be fine.

The guy had a knife. He had already punctured a police cruiser tire. He was high on PCP according to autopsy. According to statements, he refused to drop knife after many requests. The shooting would probably of ended up justified. But there is no way to defend unloading a clip into a guy laying on the ground.

That would be the troubling part of this.

A big problem I have with this is that the threat was obviously neutralized after he was shot the first time, if there really ever was an immediate threat, since he was walking away from the police. He dropped to the ground immediately after being shot the first time and made no attempt to get up or move toward the officers. Yet he was shot 15 more times?

 

Another problem I have is that the Chicago pd did everything they could to keep this video from being released. Some claim that they erased video from businesses security systems that caught the shooting on camera, whether that's true or not I have no idea. But it sounds like a cover up to me.

 

The body language of the police superintendent and the mayor spoke volumes to me. On top of that, did you see how many police vehicles were there? Why isn't the dash cam from those vehicles being released? Also no audio due to technical difficulties?

 

To be fair, the family did not want the video released either.

Agreed, add in the possibility of millions of dollars in damage if this gets out of control as well as possible injury to citizens and police.

 

This is bad.

Have you seen a lot of outrage from it?

 

On Twitter I have seen outrage and concern. Not on Facebook though.

Is it just me or are others struggling to determine when the 16 shots were fired?

Burger King district manager They reported it in May.

 

State attorney says it didn't happen.

 

So they waited 7 months? Interesting.

Putting a few bullets into a kid on the ground is never justified.

 

What about a man with a knife acting irrationally? Honest question.

On Twitter I have seen outrage and concern. Not on Facebook though.

 

Isn't that sad? I dunno I don't get it.

If I'm understanding it correctly, this was the journalist who was able to unearth the autopsy report and found that McDonald had been shot 16 times. This led to doubt about what the police had told the public and thus led to demands to see the video. I think this has added a lot of fuel to the fire here.

 

Laquan McDonald shooting: A recently obtained autopsy report on the dead teen complicates the Chicago Police Department?s story.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.