Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

Agreed.

 

 

BUT, not justified in the Chicago shooting, especially after that first shot.

 

 

Agreed my man agreed. I hate it. I've never talked to either party involved. I am just left with a lot of questions. Like others have mentioned I don't understand how it took over a year for this to really come out. I don't understand why the family allegedly didn't want the video made public other than obvious pain/suffering from having to see it. I dunno all of this stuff just has an odor to it. It's out there and it's not going away so eventually we will know.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Haha cool story.

 

There are also videos of police in other countries trying less lethal ways of taking down a man with a knife and in return getting brutally stabbed repeatedly.

I don't care who was involved, but anyone who tried to cover this up, even if they tried to hide and or not release the video in a timely fashion, all should be charged to the fullest extent of the law.

 

A lot of people have some answered expected of them ASAP. Why did they only arrest the officer today? Was the only reason because of the order from the judge to release the video?

Did you change it?

 

Nah, I still have my old one as a personal account. I use this one for BGP and high school Bball stuff. I spend more time on this one than the other one these days.

I don't care who was involved, but anyone who tried to cover this up, even if they tried to hide and or not release the video in a timely fashion, all should be charged to the fullest extent of the law.

 

A lot of people have some answered expected of them ASAP. Why did they only arrest the officer today? Was the only reason because of the order from the judge to release the video?

 

DA and Internal Affairs had both reviewed this at the time as I understand it. Knowing the video was being released, IMO officer was only now arrested for Political reasons. If he deserves to be charged today then he deserved it then.

One thing that I haven't seen but I may have missed it is a discussion about how many times and officer or soldier have no idea how many times they fired their weapon. I've seen video's of officers saying they thought they may have shot 3, 4 maybe 5 times and in reality they fired 10+ shots.

 

Shooting targets and even simulators is much different than shooting a person that is a real or perceived threat. Adrenaline takes over and in most cases soldiers and police officers fire until the threat quits moving, not just when they fall. It's not because they are brutal or mental it is just how it is in a live fire environment.

 

If most agree that him spinning quickly with a knife in his hands warrants him being shot and possibly killed, does it matter how many times he shot him?

 

I understand that some may look at it like, the threat was down and this was an execution, I'd bet that's not what was going through the police officers mind when he was pulling the trigger.

There are also videos of police in other countries trying less lethal ways of taking down a man with a knife and in return getting brutally stabbed repeatedly.

 

Those videos don't apply here HB.

We've already established one bullet is all you need.

One thing that I haven't seen but I may have missed it is a discussion about how many times and officer or soldier have no idea how many times they fired their weapon. I've seen video's of officers saying they thought they may have shot 3, 4 maybe 5 times and in reality they fired 10+ shots.

 

Shooting targets and even simulators is much different than shooting a person that is a real or perceived threat. Adrenaline takes over and in most cases soldiers and police officers fire until the threat quits moving, not just when they fall. It's not because they are brutal or mental it is just how it is in a live fire environment.

 

If most agree that him spinning quickly with a knife in his hands warrants him being shot and possibly killed, does it matter how many times he shot him?

 

I understand that some may look at it like, the threat was down and this was an execution, I'd bet that's not what was going through the police officers mind when he was pulling the trigger.

 

I get what your saying. He did spin. It's hard to tell from the video clip but from my perspective I wonder if he didn't spin and subsequently fall to the ground due to being shot.

 

If I remember correctly you have a Leo background and could give some good input on this. So a serious question, if you encountered a threatening person armed with a knife and shot them to neaturalize the threat, would you continue to empty your clip on them while laying motionless on the ground?

 

Personally I don't think you would. But essentially that's what happened. Then itbappwars it was attempted to be covered up by paying the family $5 mill and not releasing the video until a judge ordered it. This is a complete mess and the definition of corruption, IMO.

I get what your saying. He did spin. It's hard to tell from the video clip but from my perspective I wonder if he didn't spin and subsequently fall to the ground due to being shot.

 

If I remember correctly you have a Leo background and could give some good input on this. So a serious question, if you encountered a threatening person armed with a knife and shot them to neaturalize the threat, would you continue to empty your clip on them while laying motionless on the ground?

 

Personally I don't think you would. But essentially that's what happened. Then itbappwars it was attempted to be covered up by paying the family $5 mill and not releasing the video until a judge ordered it. This is a complete mess and the definition of corruption, IMO.

 

No LEO background, just been around it most of my life...several friends and family members in LEO...Also have a couple of friends in prison.

 

It is hard to tell when the last shots hit him just watching on my phone.

Its hard to tell much, I've been watching on my phone mostly also. But while he's laying on the ground you see what the media calls "smoke" several shots into the situation. The "smoke" from what I can tell is either a through and through round that strikes pavement after exiting the body or a missed shot.

The autopsy report says he was shot in his lower back on the right side and in his upper back near his neck on the left side. The other 14 went through his front or back of his arms. I'm not following how the video contradicts this.

 

All of the shots come from the front. The victim was lying on his right side on the ground.

 

From my training, Paramedic and LEO, someone shot from the front has only exit wounds to the rear, not entrance wounds.

I think murder is appropriate.

 

I did not mean to downplay the action.

 

I know some get upset about multiple rounds used to stop a threat. But people do not stop just when they are shot. There is a youtube showing a man with 3 9mm in him still running around for a couple minutes.

 

But 'murder' only needed, at most, 8 or so rounds. To empty the entire 16 rounds? Thats beyond just wanting to kill.

Clearly this officer is/was going thru some serious mental issues.

 

The guy flat out snapped. The stress levels dealing with the environments the CPD work in daily have to be off the charts. I'm wondering if that might not be his defense strategy at the trial.

 

My bigger question is the timeline it took to get to here. It may have be warranted, we will have to see.

 

I'm also curious if Obama sends the DOJ into his hometown where some of his friends could be in trouble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.