Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

Officer is out after posting $150k bail.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I really thought they would burn the city down. From everything I have read, it seemed like it was pretty calm.

I really thought they would burn the city down. From everything I have read, it seemed like it was pretty calm.

 

There was method to the release. It was done heading into a weekend, leading into Thanksgiving, and not to mention it was snowing and colder in Chicago.

Chief of Police has been fired.

 

 

 

Emanuel fires McCarthy | Chicago Sun-Times

 

Should be since he controls what the officers do at all times and determines how they act and react.

Should have been done the last time a kid was arrested for suspicion of DUI.

Chief of Police has been fired.

 

 

 

Emanuel fires McCarthy | Chicago Sun-Times

 

Does the Mayor also resign now? No way he didn't know about the $5 million payout to the victims family. As far as I'm concerned he's part of the problem also.

Does the Mayor also resign now? No way he didn't know about the $5 million payout to the victims family. As far as I'm concerned he's part of the problem also.

 

THIS!!

 

I have said this all along. Manuel needs to go too.

THIS!!

 

I have said this all along. Manuel needs to go too.

 

Does the Mayor also resign now? No way he didn't know about the $5 million payout to the victims family. As far as I'm concerned he's part of the problem also.

 

Shocks me how Emanuel has gone unscathed, relatively speaking, through this ordeal.

 

Again, the $5MM payout was NOT authorized by the Police Department. That came from the City Council and presumably other upper level management. People saying this was a Police cover-up are missing the boat.

Shocks me how Emanuel has gone unscathed, relatively speaking, through this ordeal.

 

Again, the $5MM payout was NOT authorized by the Police Department. That came from the City Council and presumably other upper level management. People saying this was a Police cover-up are missing the boat.

 

Wouldn't the Mayor know what the $5 million was being spent on by the city council? If he didn't, that's just as bad.

Wouldn't the Mayor know what the $5 million was being spent on by the city council? If he didn't, that's just as bad.
Yes, that is what I meant by "upper level management." You don't just have a random $5MM unauthorized expenditure in a department.
Yes, that is what I meant by "upper level management." You don't just have a random $5MM unauthorized expenditure in a department.

 

Gotcha. I misread your post.

Yes, that is what I meant by "upper level management." You don't just have a random $5MM unauthorized expenditure in a department.

 

By no means will you hear anyone on the Left calling for the ouster of Emanuel. Matter of fact, I will wager they side step that issue all together.

By no means will you hear anyone on the Left calling for the ouster of Emanuel. Matter of fact, I will wager they side step that issue all together.

 

Lots of scathing criticism of Emanuel in this article from the Chicago Tribune:

 

Emanuel dismisses top cop Garry McCarthy amid pressure for change - Chicago Tribune

 

It also mentions that the shooter in this case had 12 open complaints against him. That one is on the police chief. He shouldn't have been on the streets. McCarthy should have been fired and Emanuel forced out years before after he defended an officer that murdered Rekia Boyd.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.