Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chicago turn into Ferguson after video released

Featured Replies

Yikes. Every last one of them involved should be thrown in prison for a long long time.

 

Agreed, add in the possibility of millions of dollars in damage if this gets out of control as well as possible injury to citizens and police.

  • Replies 257
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delete

 

My questions were already answered

Edited by halfback20

Chicago PD erased 86 minutes of security footage shot from a Burger King.

 

According to who?

This incident is much worse than Ferguson from what I have read here.

 

Well the Ferguson officer didn't do anything wrong...

Sounds like we are about to have destruction in Chicago the likes of which have not been seen since Mrs. O'Leary's cow knocked that lantern over.

According to who?
Burger King district manager They reported it in May.

 

State attorney says it didn't happen.

Burger King district manager They reported it in May. State attorney says it didn't happen.

 

Read that the video would not have captured the shooting.

Will it erupt like Ferguson? Seems we are trending that way. And let's not pretend, the media would (sadly) love it. The headline you already read is "white cop....". And I am not defending the cop, just showcasing the media's role in framing a story.

 

This is different from Sanford and Ferguson in these ways:

 

- Video does exist

- The cop has been charged with murder (not acquitted)

- The victim's family is not wanting the video released as they've settled with the city

 

From afar it sounds as if the graphic nature will lead to the outrage. We are a visual society: Ray Rice gets 2 games until TMZ releases a video and he is no longer is in the league..... After his suspension and pictures surface, people are even more enraged about Greg Hardy.

 

I'm also assuming he is under Union protection for those wanting to know how he has still been working. It is sad it takes 14 months to get to this point though. A murder is a murder, but I think the fact he was fired upon so many times is what is rattling everyone's emotions beyond normal. When in reality the amount of gunshots I would say is irrelevant, but HB20 or another police person will have to clarify that. More damaging is no other person fired. I think?

 

Scary times.

^ the union has said that the guy was lunging at the officer with a knife and that his life was in danger. As far as I know the union never changed their story.

 

"IF" your life is in danger, you shoot until the threat no longer exists.

Putting a few bullets into a kid on the ground is never justified.

Somehow I don't see the fine citizens of Chitown protesting peacefully.

  • Author
^ the union has said that the guy was lunging at the officer with a knife and that his life was in danger. As far as I know the union never changed their story.

 

"IF" your life is in danger, you shoot until the threat no longer exists.

 

What else is the union going to say? He had 9 bullet entries in his back. The city paid $5 million instantly to the family. There was video erased and audio on the dash cam erased. I am thinking the video is not going to be pretty.

^ the union has said that the guy was lunging at the officer with a knife and that his life was in danger. As far as I know the union never changed their story. "IF" your life is in danger' date=' you shoot until the threat no longer exists.[/quote']

 

Shooting a kid while he's on the ground? How do you go from supporting refugees to this position?

Shooting a kid while he's on the ground? How do you go from supporting refugees to this position?

 

Comprehension issues today?

Shooting a kid while he's on the ground? How do you go from supporting refugees to this position?

 

Bugatti had a few questions and I responded to two points. One being the union and second was basically how many shots it enough. My second paragraph said what anyone with a weapon does "IF" their life is in danger, you eliminate the threat. And I also said "IF".

 

Back to the union. Yes, they are there to help the members, but if I killed someone and it wasn't even close to being self defense, I wouldn't expect the union to back me anymore. If they lie on this, their integrity will be questioned from here on out, which will hurt other union members who may be innocent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.