November 17, 201510 yr Wow, just read the whole thread. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with something like 16 governors (and growing) saying no to the refugees. Good for them. The NUMBER ONE job of our government leaders is to protect its citizens. EVERYTHING else is secondary to this. To allow thousands of refugees in the US when we know what is going on right now is just irresponsible IMO. NOBODY is saying they are all bad. However, if you feel the government can vet these refugees, you are kidding yourself. We don't know much of anything about these people and you can bet that ISIS is working hard to "fool" anyone trying to vet them. As a Christian, I agree we need to help these people too. But that does NOT mean we have to bring thousands here. There are safe zones in the ME that we can support with food, clothing, water, etc to help these folks until they can return to their country.
November 17, 201510 yr I'm not implying that at all. I've said multiple times that everyone is different and that there is nothing wrong with that. I don't know if you hate Muslims and Syrians or not. I know how it looks but if you say you don't hate them then I believe you. I have no reason not to. If I could have lowered the probability of the racist acts that my family has endured then I absolutely would have. How am I supposed to know who the racist white people are? Especially these days when saying racially insensitive statements doesn't mean you are a racist. If anyone can show me proof that these refugees are terrorists or have links to terrorists then I'm all aboard the stay in Syria train. For me personally, I have a hard time painting a broad brush on all Syrian refugees. If you were a refugee from Syria and completely and totally innocent how would you feel if Americans said they don't want you to have a better life in their country because you could "potentially" be a terrorist? Even though you know you're not a terrorist would you understand why Americans don't want you in their neighborhoods and schools? How would that make you feel? You'd be fine with just trying to provide a safe haven for your family in America even though they are letting you know you aren't welcome? My point is that you CAN lower the probability of your family and all Americans not having to face an act of terror. I don't know how much more proof you need to see that the refugees are infiltrated with terrorists or have to links to terrorism after the Paris attacks. Are all of them terrorists? Of course not. But the risk of one is too much for me. We can all agree we are very fortunate to not have to live in a country like Syria. But if I lived in Syria, I would be very grateful if the U.S. attempted to provide a safe haven and help out in any way. It would be great if we could take them all in and everything be perfectly okay, but it's pretty obvious that's not going to be the case.
November 17, 201510 yr I remember the stories my grandmother told me about when she and her family fled Germany during WWII. They escaped with hardly anything and were in an English internment camp before they eventually made it to America. Thank God America accepted the, despite the fact they were German and could have been Nazi's. Maybe because I grew up hearing what she and my greatgrandparents went through, I'm more willing to take the chance that we are doing the right thing. But if I lose that part of me, I lose ME. I love my family and friends above all. But I do not want to sacrifice my ideals. I absolutely believe that when we operate on fear, the terrorists have won. There are many things we can lose, material things, money, life. But they cannot take away my morals, ethics and beliefs.
November 17, 201510 yr My point is that you CAN lower the probability of your family and all Americans not having to face an act of terror. I don't know how much more proof you need to see that the refugees are infiltrated with terrorists or have to links to terrorism after the Paris attacks. Are all of them terrorists? Of course not. But the risk of one is too much for me. We can all agree we are very fortunate to not have to live in a country like Syria. But if I lived in Syria, I would be very grateful if the U.S. attempted to provide a safe haven and help out in any way. It would be great if we could take them all in and everything be perfectly okay, but it's pretty obvious that's not going to be the case. I hear you and I understand where you are coming from. I get it.
November 17, 201510 yr The states and cities are rising against the government, we have an out of touch President who refuses to even admit we are at war with radical Islam. France was the tipping point. Protect and preserve America, if Obama wants them set up shop in DC.
November 17, 201510 yr I just saw a list of 35 states refusing the refugees and KY was in the list. Not sure if I missed that in this thread.
November 17, 201510 yr Wow, just read the whole thread. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with something like 16 governors (and growing) saying no to the refugees. Good for them. The NUMBER ONE job of our government leaders is to protect its citizens. EVERYTHING else is secondary to this. To allow thousands of refugees in the US when we know what is going on right now is just irresponsible IMO. NOBODY is saying they are all bad. However, if you feel the government can vet these refugees, you are kidding yourself. We don't know much of anything about these people and you can bet that ISIS is working hard to "fool" anyone trying to vet them. As a Christian, I agree we need to help these people too. But that does NOT mean we have to bring thousands here. There are safe zones in the ME that we can support with food, clothing, water, etc to help these folks until they can return to their country. Or better yet, maybe some camps here that we can concentrate them in and provide them with fences, walls and protection. In fact we can even give them the option of assimilation or freedom through work. We can fund a new organization called the Syrian Services to staff these camps to protect and adminster it. Frankly I can't think of a better solution for this situation, so much so that it would be my final one.
November 17, 201510 yr Personally, I'd put GPS chips in those motherscratchers and monitor their every move. Strikingly similar to what the Nazis did to Jews in WWII -- tattoos on forearms.
November 17, 201510 yr I just saw a list of 35 states refusing the refugees and KY was in the list. Not sure if I missed that in this thread.I saw where Bevin said he wouldn't. But that's it.
November 17, 201510 yr Strikingly similar to what the Nazis did to Jews in WWII -- tattoos on forearms. People in this thread just looking to protect their families have been called just about everything. But a Nazi? Come on now.
November 17, 201510 yr People in this thread just looking to protect their families have been called just about everything. But a Nazi? Come on now. Actually you all haven't been called anything by anyone disagreeing with you. You guys are the ones raising your hands and calling yourselves racists and calling people naive, stupid, morons/maroons, etc for disagreeing with you all about the refugees.
November 17, 201510 yr People in this thread just looking to protect their families have been called just about everything. But a Nazi? Come on now. I didn't call anybody a Nazi. I said the suggested tactic is eerily similar to what the Nazis did to the Jews in WWII.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.