Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Refugees Begin arriving in Lousiville

Featured Replies

  • Replies 314
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like it. At all.

These are people fleeing the same terrorism that struck Paris. I cannot for the life of me understand people that proclaim to be Christian or moral not wanting to help them. Some of these people ARE Christian, you know?

I find this part extremely frustrating:

 

Once they arrive, they'll be provided with temporary federal and state aid, including help with housing, food stamps, Medicaid and cash assistance, said Becky Jordan, Kentucky state refugee coordinator. They're provided employment aid and English training.

These are people fleeing the same terrorism that struck Paris. I cannot for the life of me understand people that proclaim to be Christian or moral not wanting to help them. Some of these people ARE Christian, you know?

 

Many of the people that have fled those areas under the guise of being refugees have also resurfaced through out Europe involved with radical cells also.

 

I think the vetting is the issue that most people have...no one has an issue with those that aren't a threat being given sanctuary. It's the not knowing the background of some of the people that is worrisome.

Many of the people that have fled those areas under the guise of being refugees have also resurfaced through out Europe involved with radical cells also.

 

I think the vetting is the issue that most people have...no one has an issue with those that aren't a threat being given sanctuary. It's the not knowing the background of some of the people that is worrisome.

I posted a link to an article in the Paris thread on the vetting process. Those that want to know about the process to become a refuge should check it out.

  • Author

Obama plan to still bring in Syrian refugees after Paris attacks increases GOP concerns, fears | Fox News

 

I am a Christian also. I think we should help everyone who needs help. I do not think we should help people who are trying to kill us. Some of you really need to read the Koran, I mean really read it and see what it says. Dont do a quick search, read it.

  • Author

 

I would be ok with this if there were really really strict vetting of these people. Not totally heartless. :)

These are people fleeing the same terrorism that struck Paris. I cannot for the life of me understand people that proclaim to be Christian or moral not wanting to help them. Some of these people ARE Christian, you know?

 

I'll preface by saying I am not religious at all. I understand helping your fellow man in times of need, but this is a different situation.

 

When it comes to refugees of these countries who are admitted enemies of ours, I look at it like this: It's not our problem.

These are people fleeing the same terrorism that struck Paris. I cannot for the life of me understand people that proclaim to be Christian or moral not wanting to help them. Some of these people ARE Christian, you know?

 

So you're cool if the settle around your family?

For every poster on here that thinks we should take as many refugees as possible answer this.

 

Lets say much like in Paris one or more of the refugees in your area pulls off a mass casualty event. The ones claiming its the right thing to do,are you ok with these deaths of your friends,relatives, and fellow Christians?

 

Like I said before, I'm for people wanting to come to our wonderful country. However, please tell me how in the world can you vett these people coming from an area that's as dysfunctional as the ISIS/Syrian conflict.

Edited by TexasRanger
spelling

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.