Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Refugees Begin arriving in Lousiville

Featured Replies

Perhaps before you go to be tonight, read the quote on the front of Lady Liberty.

 

And you're probably in the same group talking out the other side of your mouth, saying the constitution didn't mean semi-automatic weapons either. We don't have to harbor terrorists. Accepting refugees worked out well for the hundreds upon hundreds killed and injured in Paris, right?

  • Replies 314
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we need to help the refugees? Yes. There are a number of ways to do so, but we do need to help them, in some way.

Because they aren't the same freaking people.

 

And you trust our government can sort them out?

I am a gun owner. Which rights have I lost?

 

For now.

Alabama and Michigan governors are balking at accepting refugees.

 

Good for them. Governors with a spine must be nice. Hopefully Bevin will follow suit.

Do we need to help the refugees? Yes. There are a number of ways to do so, but we do need to help them, in some way.

 

No... We don't NEED to help them.

No... We don't NEED to help them.

 

Actually, yes we do. I am not saying what we should do, but we should help them, if not here, then help them over there.

Actually, yes we do. I am not saying what we should do, but we should help them, if not here, then help them over there.

 

There's a difference in "need" and "should." Again, we don't NEED to help them. Doesn't affect us one way or another if we do or don't. Whether or not we should help in some way is a completely different discussion.

There's a difference in "need" and "should." Again, we don't NEED to help them. Doesn't affect us one way or another if we do or don't. Whether or not we should help in some way is a completely different discussion.

 

Ok, Ill re-word that, we need to help then as well.

It would appear to you that "they" are all the same...that we are defending a "bunch of people who wouldn't urinate on you...." You seriously can't put the terrorists and those escaping terrorism in two separate groups? I am all for riding the world of the first group and helping the second group. These are two separate groups of people!

 

What you are failing to realize is that some of these people are one and the same.

 

As a Christian, I am all for helping my fellow man. I am also intelligent enough to understand ISIS will use any means necessary to infiltrate the USA. The vetting process by the government is not good enough. There is absolutely no way to check the background on most of these people. Other countries don't have the record keeping process we do here. I know this first hand in dealing with a foreign country while adopting our daughters.

Some of you who are okay with this need a reality check. Apparently Paris wasn't enough for you.

 

I'm dumbfounded, honestly.

 

Deuce, Louisville has been accepting refugees for decades. I think my reality is checked just fine. I understand the concerns. But you can't turn your back on the majority who just want to live in peace.

Here is my personal belief as an an American and a Christian:

 

I believe that when people need help, you help them. I believe the majority of people are good people. I don't judge whole groups of people on the actions of a few within that group. As an American, I believe our country was founded on the principles of freedom for all. I believe our duty compels us to accept and help those fleeing circumstances threatening their lives. I also believe that ISIS and any other terrorist group wins when we begin to change these principles. ISIS hasn't won anything with their acts against the citizens of any country they seek to terrorize. Good will trump evil, and what their most recent acts are doing is bringing the world citizenry together. But I don't believe in excluding Syrian refugees based on their nationality or religion. ISIS has members of all nationalities, even white Americans.

Deuce, Louisville has been accepting refugees for decades. I think my reality is checked just fine. I understand the concerns. But you can't turn your back on the majority who just want to live in peace.

 

They have been taking refugees with embedded terrorists in them for years?

I did not know that.

 

All of these refugees are NOT your run of the mill refugees looking for a new home.

Edited by TexasRanger
add word

They have been taking refugees with embedded terrorists in them for years?

 

All of these refugees are NOT your run of the refugees looking for a new home.

 

We have taken in refugees from Afghanistan and Iraq. And this is after 9/11.

 

And all Syrians are NOT terrorists.

 

And all Syrians are NOT terrorists.

 

No. But if the process has been leveraged or could be leveraged to be an entry point for any sort of hidden cell Islamic militants in any manner then it must be shut down.

 

And entrants over the last few years must be re verified and tracked.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.