November 16, 201510 yr Yes I think a lot of posters do have many guns, the problem is most posters are not trained to deal with these kinds of killers. These are not your run of the mill home invasion punk. So all of the talk about Paris and their strict gun laws is just a lot of hollow talk then? Good to know.
November 16, 201510 yr I think in large part the purpose of acts of terrorism is to take away our humanity. The vile acts committed in Paris seem to be doing just that. People say atheists lack a moral code? Do you know what religion everyone is here? Specifically those of us who think this is a bad idea? Why does religion matter? I'm more concerned about people in OUR country. If one person dies because of the refugees, it's a complete failure. It's not worth the risk imo. That means I lack a moral code?
November 16, 201510 yr One every day would be 365. There were 55 murders in 2014. It's bad, but let's not exaggerate. One murder every six days in a city in Kentucky is pretty bad. I'd be more worried about that in Louisville than some terrorist who snuck into the Ville with a family of refugees. #LouisvilleLivesMatter
November 16, 201510 yr I guess True B and G is taking the Madonna approach : Madonna Wrong To Think Terrorists Will Stop By Giving Them "Dignity And Respect" And "Love Unconditionally" | Gossip Cop Nah, TB&G knows how to separate refugees from terrorists. TB&G isn't calling all of the refuses terrorists. Huge difference between a refugee and a terrorist.
November 16, 201510 yr One murder every six days in a city in Kentucky is pretty bad. I'd be more worried about that in Louisville than some terrorist who snuck into the Ville with a family of refugees. #LouisvilleLivesMatter It's still not the one per day that was claimed. Not even close.
November 16, 201510 yr I'm dumbfounded, too, at those that want to turn their backs on those trying to escape terrorism. If I gave you 10 grapes and said two were poison, how many would you eat? (straight from Facebook by the way)
November 16, 201510 yr Do you know what religion everyone is here? Specifically those of us who think this is a bad idea? Why does religion matter? I'm more concerned about people in OUR country. If one person dies because of the refugees, it's a complete failure. It's not worth the risk imo. That means I lack a moral code? Actually based on past posts there are a few known BGP Christians who are against the idea.
November 16, 201510 yr It's still not the one per day that was claimed. Not even close. I understand that. I'm just not hung up on the actual numbers like you are. For me one every six days or one murder a week is way too many for a city in Kentucky. And like I said that should be a more pressing concern to Kentuckians that four families escaping terrorism.
November 16, 201510 yr Actually based on past posts there are a few known BGP Christians who are against the idea. And one isn't religious at all. Why does that matter?
November 16, 201510 yr If I gave you 10 grapes and said two were poison, how many would you eat? (straight from Facebook by the way) Horrible analogy. Try this one. If I gave you 10 grapes and 2 were poisoned but I didn't tell you then how many grapes would you eat?
November 16, 201510 yr I understand that. I'm just not hung up on the actual numbers like you are. For me one every six days or one murder a week is way too many for a city in Kentucky. And like I said that should be a more pressing concern to Kentuckians that four families escaping terrorism. You are missing the point. Someone made a post trying to justify taking in refugeea who some believe are potential terrorists by saying that people in Louisville murder each other every day. That is not even close to true.
November 16, 201510 yr You are missing the point. Someone made a post trying to justify taking in refugeea who some believe are potential terrorists by saying that people in Louisville murder each other every day. That is not even close to true. I knew that it was hyperbole when it was posted. That doesn't change the message. At least not for me it doesn't. RM exaggerated. Okay. Still too many murders taking place in Louisville. To me, that is more pressing than the refugees. For you, I guess since it is only one ever six days and not everyday then it is better to profile the refugees than worry about the murders. Is that what you are saying since it is proven to only be one murder a week instead of everyday?
November 16, 201510 yr I knew that it was hyperbole when it was posted. That doesn't change the message. At least not for me it doesn't. RM exaggerated. Okay. Still too many murders taking place in Louisville. 1 is too many. Doesn't change anything. Louisvilles murder rate has nothing to do with the conversation.
November 16, 201510 yr 1 is too many. Doesn't change anything. Louisvilles murder rate has nothing to do with the conversation. Disagree. The refugees haven't committed any crimes in KY have they? Shouldn't the focus be on stopping murders in Louisville and not the 21 refugees we know nothing about?
November 16, 201510 yr How about we add onto this. I give you and your friend 10 grapes. You just watched your friend eat all 10 grapes, and then died because of poisoning. How many of the grapes would you eat?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.