Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Refugees Begin arriving in Lousiville

Featured Replies

 

Disagree. The refugees haven't committed any crimes in KY have they? Shouldn't the focus be on stopping murders in Louisville and not the 21 refugees we know nothing about?

 

I agree, we should focus on our own problems instead of inviting more potential problems in.

  • Replies 314
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about we add onto this. I give you and your friend 10 grapes. You just watched your friend eat all 10 grapes' date=' and then died because of poisoning. How many of the grapes would you eat?[/quote']

 

Well he ate them all...so none.

How about we add onto this. I give you and your friend 10 grapes. You just watched your friend eat all 10 grapes, and then died because of poisoning. How many of the grapes would you eat?

 

Still not good enough. Do we or do we not know if any of these refugees are terrorists? Last I saw we don't know if they are terrorists as they appear to be escaping terrorists/terrorism. To me assuming they are terrorists is no different than blacks assuming republicans are racist and that all cops are out to get them. Folks always seem to take issue with that mindset.

I agree, we should focus on our own problems instead of inviting more potential problems in.

 

No problem with that at all. I just would like to know beforehand if they are a problem. I can't find it in me to assume they are all a problem or potential problem just because of their nationality. I know plenty of Americans who I know for a fact are more of a problem than these refugees I have never met.

 

Still not good enough. Do we or do we not know if any of these refugees are terrorists? Last I saw we don't know if they are terrorists as they appear to be escaping terrorists/terrorism. To me assuming they are terrorists is no different than blacks assuming republicans are racist and that all cops are out to get them. Folks always seem to take issue with that mindset.

 

So you are willing to admit that we don't know whether they are or not...and you still invite them in with open arms? That's dangerous.

 

No problem with that at all. I just would like to know beforehand if they are a problem. I can't find it in me to assume they are all a problem or potential problem just because of their nationality. I know plenty of Americans who I know for a fact are more of a problem than these refugees I have never met.

 

I'm not saying they are all terrorists. I'm saying it's possible some are and we don't know for sure either way. American lives are important enough to me that it's not worth the risk. If that means I lack a moral code, or I'm a bad person, so be it.

Well he ate them all...so none.

 

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I give you and your friend 10 grapes each.

More like one every six days so far this year.

 

My bad. It seems like I see a new one reported daily. I think there were 3 this weekend, right? Anyway...didn't mean to overblow the situation. Still, there's a lot of American on American kiKlinger in Louisville.

So you are willing to admit that we don't know whether they are or not...and you still invite them in with open arms? That's dangerous.

 

Could be. I'm a pretty trustworthy person until it is proven you can't be trusted. That mentality has caused problems for me before but I'm still alive and well. I trust my instincts for the most part.

 

We definitely don't know if they are terrorists or not but I'm not going to assume they all are. Why wouldn't someone want to come to America to escape terrorism? We have a great country. Greatest country on the planet. I'm willing to share it with anyone and willing to kill those who want to destroy it. To be honest, I feel sorry for any terrorist posing as a refugee because they will get what is coming to them.

You are missing the point. Someone made a post trying to justify taking in refugeea who some believe are potential terrorists by saying that people in Louisville murder each other every day.

 

That is not even close to true.

 

I didn't mean to exaggerate. I apologize. It is about 1 every week.

I'm not saying they are all terrorists. I'm saying it's possible some are and we don't know for sure either way. American lives are important enough to me that it's not worth the risk. If that means I lack a moral code, or I'm a bad person, so be it.

 

No beef with that. Everyone is different.

My bad. It seems like I see a new one reported daily. I think there were 3 this weekend, right? Anyway...didn't mean to overblow the situation. Still, there's a lot of American on American kiKlinger in Louisville.

 

I used last year's numbers because I couldn't find this year's. I believe we're up in 2015 due to a couple bursts of violence related to the drug trade in February and again in July.

 

Could be. I'm a pretty trustworthy person until it is proven you can't be trusted. That mentality has caused problems for me before but I'm still alive and well. I trust my instincts for the most part.

 

We definitely don't know if they are terrorists or not but I'm not going to assume they all are. Why wouldn't someone want to come to America to escape terrorism? We have a great country. Greatest country on the planet. I'm willing to share it with anyone and willing to kill those who want to destroy it. To be honest, I feel sorry for any terrorist posing as a refugee because they will get what is coming to them.

 

By that same token, why wouldn't a terrorist want to sneak into a group of refugees and get a free pass into America, free money, a free place to stay, and all the time in the world to plan an attack on those you hate most?

 

I don't feel sorry for any terrorist. I feel sorry for the people they might kill if they do get here.

I think it has more to do with where they originate from. They are coming from a region that has been a hotbed for terrorism and extremist ideology that has traditionally opposed the western style of life. The opportunity for an extremist to pose as a refugee in order to gain access to the United States, or the West in general, is much more realistic than a refugee from another region in the world.

2 Iraqi refugees indicted on terrorism charges in Kentucky | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

 

Two Iraqi refugees living in Bowling Green, Ky., have been arrested and charged with violating federal terrorism laws — allegedly plotting to send missiles and other weapons to insurgents to kill American soldiers abroad.

 

Waad Ramadan Alwan, 30, and Mohanad Shareef Hammadi, 23, are accused of conspiring to send Stinger missiles, cash, sniper rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers from the United States to al Qaeda and other jihadists in Iraq.

 

They allegedly picked up the weapons from a storage facility in Bowling Green and delivered it to a tractor trailer in Franklin, Ky., thinking it all would be sent to insurgents, according to criminal complaints filed in U.S. District Court.

 

In fact, the warehouse was rented by the FBI, which also owned the truck, and the operation was part of an elaborate sting set up by a confidential informant. The weapons were all disarmed never had any chance of being shipped abroad, according to court records.

 

Alwan also is charged with conspiring to kill U.S soldiers with improvised explosive devices in Iraq before he came to the United States.

 

The defendants were charged in a 23-count indictment unsealed Tuesday for which they could be sentenced to life in prison.

 

Alwan is also charged with conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction against U.S. nationals abroad; distributing information on the manufacture and use of IEDs; attempting to provide material support to terrorists and to al-Qaeda in Iraq, as well as conspiracy to transfer, possess and export Stinger missiles.

 

Hammadi is charged with attempting to provide material support to terrorists and to al-Qaeda in Iraq, as well as to transfer, possess and export Stinger missiles.

 

Both men made their initial appearance Tuesday in federal court in Louisville, where they both pleaded not guilty and were ordered held pending a detention hearing June 8 in Bowling Green.

 

Neither is charged with plotting attacks within the United States.

 

Both entered the United States after applying for and receiving refugee status, according to criminal complaints. Under the law, they will be deported if they are convicted.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.