Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Refugees Begin arriving in Lousiville

Featured Replies

Deuce, Louisville has been accepting refugees for decades. I think my reality is checked just fine. I understand the concerns. But you can't turn your back on the majority who just want to live in peace.

 

There are ways to help them without bringing them into our hometowns.

 

One American life lost over this will be too much. I'm not willing to take that risk. We have PLENTY of people here that need that need help before we should be helping people from other countries.

  • Replies 314
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are ways to help them without bringing them into our hometowns.

 

One American life lost over this will be too much. I'm not willing to take that risk. We have PLENTY of people here that need that need help before we should be helping people from other countries.

 

Americans kill Americans on an hourly basis. Louisvillians are killing each other every day. Louisville is accepting 4 families at this time. Four. 21 people.

No. But if the process has been leveraged or could be leveraged to be an entry point for any sort of hidden cell Islamic militants in any manner then it must be shut down.

 

And entrants over the last few years must be re verified and tracked.

 

I understand the concern. But Catholic Charities and Kentucky Refugee Ministries have done a really good job with Somolians, Bosnians, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis...going all the way back to when I was in high school...Haitians. I am looking forward to becoming involved again when I get back to Louisville.

Edited by rockmom

Deuce, we don't agree on much, but I'm with you 100 percent on this one. I just cant fathom how people can support this. Is there an argument to be made for providing support for immigrants? Sure, but that doesn't mean we have to bring them to our country.

 

Is it going to take an attack in the US, like what happened over the weekend, for people to realize the problems that exist when you allow a mass immigration of people into your country, especially when they originate from a place with such an abundance of extremist ideologies.? I was hoping that the events in Paris would serve as a wake-up call, but apparently the naive are still blinded.

I never said it wasn't possible. What I said is that I think it is wrong to turn our back on those people, including children, trying to escape terrorism.

 

Unfortunately these animals have children wearing suicide vests. You can't even use that as a distinction.

I'm nervous about this issue as much as the next person, but isn't it the goal of terrorism to change culture: To strike fear into the hearts of society making the worst come out.

South Carolina is rejecting them and the Governor of Louisiana is calling Obama out.

 

Louisville and Lexington will be getting them in KY.

 

Beshear is probably getting a check from the fed.

I'm nervous about this issue as much as the next person, but isn't it the goal of terrorism to change culture: To strike fear into the hearts of society making the worst come out.

 

That's right, but neglecting to proactively prevent them from being able to do so is terrible policy, and one that could lead to hundreds of Americans being killed.

Deuce, Louisville has been accepting refugees for decades. I think my reality is checked just fine. I understand the concerns. But you can't turn your back on the majority who just want to live in peace.

 

What is the acceptable refugee to terrorist ratio? 1%, 2%. If 10,000 refugees come in that's 100 or 200 terrorists with them. It only took 8 to kill almost 200 people in France.

What is the acceptable refugee to terrorist ratio? 1%, 2%. If 10,000 refugees come in that's 100 or 200 terrorists with them. It only took 8 to kill almost 200 people in France.

 

One of those terrorists wad born in Belgium. One was a French citizen. It's not like ONLY Syrian refugees were the terrorists. To ignore that fact is just plain irresponsible. The answer isn't to stop accepting refugees. Citizens of free countries are doing this to their own countrymen.

 

I will NOT sacrifice my ideals, my beliefs, out of fear. I will NOT lose myself because of terrorists. I WILL stay true to what I believe as a Christian, and as an American.

One of those terrorists wad born in Belgium. One was a French citizen. It's not like ONLY Syrian refugees were the terrorists. To ignore that fact is just plain irresponsible. The answer isn't to stop accepting refugees. Citizens of free countries are doing this to their own countrymen.

 

I will NOT sacrifice my ideals, my beliefs, out of fear. I will NOT lose myself because of terrorists. I WILL stay true to what I believe as a Christian, and as an American.

 

I applaud the high ideals, I really do, but to ignore the fact that 1 of the Paris terrorists was a Syrian refugee and that more WILL follow is irresponsible. We have already sacrificed many of our ideals to terrorism. Who would have been OK with the airport security screening that now happens prior to 9-11? How many of us were wanded and/or patted down going into an NFL game before 9-11? Been to any national memorials lately?

 

Maybe it makes me a heartless jerk (i'm sure there are other traits that do that as well) but the safety of American citizens on American soil is more important then taking in refugees. Will not taking them insure all Americans remain safe from terrorism? Not at all, I'm not obtuse enough to believe that, but it will help eliminate 1 more path they have to get here.

I applaud the high ideals, I really do, but to ignore the fact that 1 of the Paris terrorists was a Syrian refugee and that more WILL follow is irresponsible. We have already sacrificed many of our ideals to terrorism. Who would have been OK with the airport security screening that now happens prior to 9-11? How many of us were wanded and/or patted down going into an NFL game before 9-11? Been to any national memorials lately?

 

Maybe it makes me a heartless jerk (i'm sure there are other traits that do that as well) but the safety of American citizens on American soil is more important then taking in refugees. Will not taking them insure all Americans remain safe from terrorism? Not at all, I'm not obtuse enough to believe that, but it will help eliminate 1 more path they have to get here.

 

I don't think you are a heartless jerk. And I am not naive. We just have different rationales in what we think is the answer. It doesn't make either one of us wrong. I just am choosing to push back against terrorism in my own passive-agressive way. :D

Edited by rockmom

I find this part extremely frustrating:

 

Once they arrive, they'll be provided with temporary federal and state aid, including help with housing, food stamps, Medicaid and cash assistance, said Becky Jordan, Kentucky state refugee coordinator. They're provided employment aid and English training.

 

They will make their way to Bowling Green and the surrounding area. The transportation industry has a lot of carriers and dispatchers that operate out of here that came from Islamic states.

All the men refugees look to be capable, strong bodied men from 20 to 35 years of age.. They should remain to fight for their country.. Not run away. Take in the women and children but leave the the younger men..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.