Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Refugees Begin arriving in Lousiville

Featured Replies

Strikingly similar to what the Nazis did to Jews in WWII -- tattoos on forearms.

Only in reverse threat wise.

  • Replies 314
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@rupertmurdoch: Obama facing enormous opposition in accepting refugees. Maybe make special exception for proven Christians.

I don't trust the government for my families well being. Not from the top to the bottom, regardless of the consonant by their names.

Remember the Boston bombers ? They were refugees also..

Question . A large question in this discussion is how we know that the refugees don't have any ties to terrorist or potential terrorism . My question is we are a few days post Paris attack and unless I'm wrong we have no clue who the murderers were . How many of the attackers have been identified ? The international law community has to have access to the bodies of the killers . So if we cant identify terrorist even with their dead bodies why should we trust bureaucrats to know who terrorist are ? by asking them ? Yeah right .

I remember the stories my grandmother told me about when she and her family fled Germany during WWII. They escaped with hardly anything and were in an English internment camp before they eventually made it to America. Thank God America accepted the, despite the fact they were German and could have been Nazi's. Maybe because I grew up hearing what she and my greatgrandparents went through, I'm more willing to take the chance that we are doing the right thing. But if I lose that part of me, I lose ME. I love my family and friends above all. But I do not want to sacrifice my ideals. I absolutely believe that when we operate on fear, the terrorists have won. There are many things we can lose, material things, money, life. But they cannot take away my morals, ethics and beliefs.

 

Totally off the subject, I would have love to hear your grandmother's stories. Very awesome.

 

Back on the subject, what do we do with these refugees when they are here? Are they put in similar internment camps?

Actually you all haven't been called anything by anyone disagreeing with you. You guys are the ones raising your hands and calling yourselves racists and calling people naive, stupid, morons/maroons, etc for disagreeing with you all about the refugees.

The statement that turning away Syrian refugees because I'm a racist is insulting as heck . Last night you called me out for name calling and said it has no place on here . Neither does this crap . I don't even know the skin color of the Syrians . don't really care . Its not important to me . So please delete your comment . I'm no racist and don't appreciate being called one . You are wrong to count me in that broad brush you used because I'm against accepting the refugees .

[ATTACH]53183[/ATTACH]

 

And that poor Middle Eastern couple son is Jesus, who is the King of the Jews and his people are persecuted every day by the Middle East.

The statement that turning away Syrian refugees because I'm a racist is insulting as heck . Last night you called me out for name calling and said it has no place on here . Neither does this crap . I don't even know the skin color of the Syrians . don't really care . Its not important to me . So please delete your comment . I'm no racist and don't appreciate being called one . You are wrong to count me in that broad brush you used because I'm against accepting the refugees .

 

Please quote the post where I called you racist. I have zero clue what you are talking about. Zero.

You linked being against accepting refugees as " raising your hand to be called a racist" . You can try to back peddle or walk it back or chose to do whatever you wish to do ... its like those code words you like to say are blatantly obviously racist . If I'm wrong maybe you might want to adjust your own certainty to what is actually racist or not . Because I read that as 100% you saying anyone that against KY accepting Syrians is doing so because of skin color , which couldnt be further from the truth .

You linked being against accepting refugees as " raising your hand to be called a racist" . You can try to back peddle or walk it back or chose to do whatever you wish to do ... its like those code words you like to say are blatantly obviously racist . If I'm wrong maybe you might want to adjust your own certainty to what is actually racist or not . Because I read that as 100% you saying anyone that against KY accepting Syrians is doing so because of skin color , which couldnt be further from the truth .

 

You're going to have to show me the post. I still have zero clue what you are talking about. Sounds to me like you misinterpreted my post and have a guilty conscience or something. I have been in this thread since yesterday afternoon and you are the only one who says I called you a racist. Some of my closest friends in BGP are on your side of this issue and had I said something out of the way they would have let me know. I have yet to receive that phone call or text from any of them. Please be more specific. There is probably a logical explanation for it. Either way at the worst you insinuated that an unnamed poster is a moron for wanting to let refugees into KY. Your words, "sounds like that poster in the Syrian refugee thread." Not one time have I singled out you or any poster on here in that manner. I don't or won't hold back on what I have to say. If I think you are racist I won't beat around the bush. I'll let you know for sure.

 

So again, please show me the post where I called you a racist because my memory says differently. I'd remember if I intentionally called you a racist. I wouldn't hold back if I felt that way.

Has anyone mentioned that St. Louis is home to about 70,000 Bosnians? The first wave arrived in the city in the 1990s, refugees of the Bosnian War.

 

Interesting that many of you didn't know this, but are getting all lathered up over a tiny percentage of similar refugees, who share the same religion, albeit from a different region, moving to Louisville.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.