1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things thay I hope have improved for both teams:

T - Fix the long snapping

X- Improve the offense.

If both have improved we should have a good game. Of course if both are still mediocre then we would probably still have a good game :lol2:

I see a 24-3 victory for the Rocks as a likely possibility. A close game is possible too, I just don't see the Tigers scoring much on the T defense.

I think St.X offense is looking better. They'll need to keep digging in the playbook to try and catch trinity off guard though. I'd like to see more of their option play. That's a tough play to always stop and at least cause a lot of in game adjustment for trinity defense. If St.X can have a good offensive night, should be a fun game. excited to watch some good defense on both sides

I believe St. X is capable of winning. The record isn't great, but those four losses were all close and three were to state championship favorites (Cincy St. X may be too, I don't know). And obviously the first game with Trinity was close. As for Trinity, the defense has been terrific but they've only played one good team since Male (St. X). That isn't their fault, District 4 just isn't very good this year. But it's hard to argue with the way they've beat down each team they've played.

I'll pick Trinity to win, just because they always seem to come up big in the postseason. But this should be a very big game and an X win wouldn't surprise me.

St. X has to find a way to loosen up the T defense. They need to use the pass to set up the run. Ridder must be efficient, bottom line.

So the first play of the game, X should take a shot deep. Let everyone in the Pizza Palace know they're not just going to sit back and wait for T to make mistakes, they're going to go out and take it.

From your keyboard to Wolford's ear. If X tries to throw deep on Trinity, several of those deep passes will be intercepted. The rest will be incomplete.

Incomplete passes are not a bad thing. Ridder and X's OC this year has to find ways to open up running lanes for Ridder to be effective in the running game. Showing they're willing to go deep will at least keep the T secondary honest so they can't add more players into the box.

X needs to use the pass to set up the run.