6A Round 2: St. Xavier vs Trinity @ PJCS

Who wins and why?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that people are forgetting that X has no visitors stands to speak of. Having it on either campus is a bad idea.

Yeah it wouldn't be go for the visiting fans, but just think instead of having 6K fans spread out in 50k seat stadium, they're jammed packed into a 10k seat stadium. It would be pretty awesome!

I understood having the game at PJCS when it was the state semi game in '08, but now with the latest it can be played is the 3rd round it's just not as exciting.

The kids I know on the team right now would prefer to have the game on campus. Sell 10,000 tickets - give X 3,000 to sell at school and give T 3,000 to sell at school - put the rest on Ticketmaster and if you don't get a ticket in time, you don't get into the game. I bet it would sell out in 1 hour.

Save all the money from renting PJCS and put the money back into the schools. Kids really don't care about playing in that stadium anymore in front of 8,000 people.

Heck, charge $20 per ticket on campus and I still bet it would sell out in 1 hour. Spend some of the money on police officers, securing parking spots and shuttle to the stadium. I know the St Matthews businesses would love to chip in and make it happen ad well.

Both schools could pull this off with a little effort.

In years where Trinity is the home team, I see parking as the biggest issue. Parking for Trinity games extends into the neighborhood around Trinity already, and causes headaches on Friday nights for residents. In the interest of being a good neighbor, to host an X/T playoff game in particular, I think off-site is better.

And Male turned the ball over to X 5 times. I could argue that the reason X was close to Trinity in the first game was because Trinity gave X points. X can not count on either happening again.

I do have to say though it does seem like st.x defense is very good at forcing turnovers, and have good backs that kept up pretty well with male's WR's

In years where Trinity is the home team, I see parking as the biggest issue. Parking for Trinity games extends into the neighborhood around Trinity already, and causes headaches on Friday nights for residents. In the interest of being a good neighbor, to host an X/T playoff game in particular, I think off-site is better.

I live very close to Trinity, believe me, you know when you move in that neighborhood what you're getting into come Fall, there's plenty of parking in and near the stadium to handle a T v X playoff game... Sears Ave is only about a 3 or 4 block walk even if you had to park down there.

I know coaches on both teams and they all want the game to be played at Trinity this year. It would be crowded, but it would be an awesome atmosphere. It is the administration at both schools that don't want to fool with it.

Well, not the ones I know. You guys are crazy to think a game like Trinity and X would be a safe environment at either school.

So you cap it at 10,000 - neither one of those stadiums would be fun to watch a game if there's 10,000 people. And what about the 2,500 fans who just show up because it's an 'event' that has never happened before. They'd climb fences and create a nightmare outside the stadium. Not to even mention parking.

Speaking from a game management and a police department standpoint, it would be a total nightmare. And I would think the administration at both schools knows this and that's why we've never seen anyone try it.

And again, not saying it wouldn't be an awesome atmosphere and better than at PJCS with all the empty seats. But just too tough to pull off. Remember, safety first.