6A Round 2: St. Xavier vs Trinity @ PJCS

Who wins and why?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

Kind of a "too disciplined for their own good" type thing? I.e. throw a little chaos at order.

I think of BG defense as a organized chaos. As an offense playing against BG it's tough to know where they're going to drop or where they're going to blitz from. But against teams who line up where they're going to be and drop into coverage at exactly the same spot every time, for the most part, an offense can exploit that by getting g their WRs into the natural gaps in the secondary.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If X doesn't acknowledge that they are an underdog and tries to match up and run the ball, it will get bad. If they're willing to admit that they have to be creative to win, I would run a flea-flicker on the first play and try to take advantage of an overhyped defense in a rivalry game and possibly strike first with a big play.

If X doesn't acknowledge that they are an underdog and tries to match up and run the ball' date=' it will get bad. If they're willing to admit that they have to be creative to win, I would run a flea-flicker on the first play and try to take advantage of an overhyped defense in a rivalry game and possibly strike first with a big play.[/quote']

Overhyped? Ouch.

If X doesn't acknowledge that they are an underdog and tries to match up and run the ball, it will get bad. If they're willing to admit that they have to be creative to win, I would run a flea-flicker on the first play and try to take advantage of an overhyped defense in a rivalry game and possibly strike first with a big play.

The reverse flea flicker in the last meeting didn't work out too well for the Tigers.... received a -13 yard sack off of it

Oops PepRock - I need to clarify. I didn't mean overhyped as in overrated. I meant it as in too hyped up or overly anxious. My fault for not being clear.

Thank you, DD. We are talking about the #1 or #2 defense in all of 6A. I actually thought a clarification was coming right after Pep Rock and you delivered, my Man!!

Hey Jason...will we ever know who the Coach is sharing his thoughts and approach to the big game/teams? Kind of like watching NFL countdown but turning the lights off on the set so we can't see who is talking. Pretty easy to talk about Tom Brady on TV with no lights, Camara, action.

But, if you put it down on paper, I trust the credibility. Seriously! Im only busting your chops.

In the event Coach Beatty gave you a scouting report, more than confident he wouldn't want his name left out of the article.

No, we're not going to reveal who. It's not something we normally do, but I wanted to give the coaches the ability to speak freely without fear of recrimination. I wasn't going to print something that might be considered inflammatory, and I don't believe either coach said anything that would be considered so.

I like this, very interesting take. Nothing ground breaking just neat to get a coaches perspective.

I would imagine the coach has prepared for both teams this season and is no longer in the playoffs. Only a couple of teams that fit that bill.