6A Round 2: St. Xavier vs Trinity @ PJCS

Who wins and why?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. X has to get Ridder going early. Let him throw a few passes that he is confident with and few QB run plays to allow him to gain confidence early. In a playoff game like this early confidence can carry a player a long way.

The defensive front for X will be key too. If they are able to slow down the running game of T and create pressure without blitzing it will make life for T's offense that much more difficult.

The good thing about the Game tomorrow is this.

IT WILL BE SETTLED ON THE FIELD.

St. X has the best chance to beat Male so lets all pull for the Tigers....LOL

I'm pulling for the Tigers, but I don't know if X has a better chance to beat Male than T does. T is the playoffs is a different beast, so you have to throw regular season outcomes out the window.

Male will be the favorite no matter who they play though.

Looking at the previous male games St. X by far gave them the best game. Trinity didn't even compete against them. The game was over at half time

And Male turned the ball over to X 5 times. I could argue that the reason X was close to Trinity in the first game was because Trinity gave X points. X can not count on either happening again.

And Male turned the ball over to X 5 times. I could argue that the reason X was close to Trinity in the first game was because Trinity gave X points. X can not count on either happening again.

good teams create turnovers. St. X is the hardest hitting team. that is why a lot of the turnovers are created. X punished male with good legal hitting. That is why the game was close and Male turned the ball over.

Who ever wins the turnover margin wins the game from here on out

good teams create turnovers. St. X is the hardest hitting team. that is why a lot of the turnovers are created. X punished male with good legal hitting. That is why the game was close and Male turned the ball over.

Who ever wins the turnover margin wins the game from here on out

TDs must be scored when TOs are created for X to win.

Well...all the turnovers X "forced" still managed to get them zero wins against H and T.

So this time around, if X can generate that many turnovers - the X faithful would expect them to win.

Or, if H and T manage to eliminate the mistakes you can just as easy say the margin of victory will be bigger.

Which one is more likely to happen? Like you said, it will be sorted out on the field Friday night and I look forward to your assessment Friday night/Sat morning.

Turnovers are why Trinity got in a hole to begin with at Male right when the game started... First 2 T possessions they had an interception and a blocked quick kick punt deep in their own territory that led to a 14-0 hole early, turnovers will kill anyone for sure

Also--didn't Trinity commit about 6 penalties in the first quarter alone? Of course, one might say that good teams don't turn the ball over or commit that many penalties. So where does that leave us?

Do you think the $10 price for admission will keep some fans away? I do.