How many checks do you write?

All Tell

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat on parish council and this discussion came up. Some liked the example of putting an envelop in. Some felt awkward not doing it. One person said do it on line and throw in an empty envelop. That said, we drop one in about every 4-6 weeks. Depending on the timing of when Mrs TAC does the bills. She makes sure we hit our yearly commitment

Same here....our church now has small tokens available at church so electronic tithers can pick up and place in the offering basket as it come around. Helps avoid the awkwardness of not visibly participating......and is a visible signal to your children that giving is important.

City utility bill every month and my truck payment. The utility because they charge a fee to pay online and I refuse to pay that fee. My truck because BBC bank won't let you do online if you don't have an account with them.

Those are are the only regulars. I use to pay for my haircut with a check only because I never had cash, now I bug it myself.

If I'm behind you in line and you whip out your checkbook I'm going to sigh and roll my eyes and do various other passive aggressive things to indicate my disfavor toward you.

And hypothetically, if you were behind me and I heard you, I'd take even longer to write that check and find my ID, then turn to you and ask you what your problem was. I also do a similar thing when I'm being tailgated in a car and cannot get out of the lane to let you pass. You tailgate me, I go slower. :lol2:

I only write a handful each month.

I believe I will always have the need to write a few checks. The real problem is I just had to order new checks and were given about 50 checks at a cost of over $ 30.00.

Now that is some larceny! Probably cost some company about a nickel each to make.