How many checks do you write?

All Tell

The thread about carrying money got me to thinking about the differing ways we pay for things now. It used to be a monthly task that I would sit down and write all the checks to pay my monthly bills, now I pay them all through my banks web site. Do any of you still sit down and write checks every month?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We give our weekly church offering in check form, so I probably write 6-8 a month all told.

That's the only one I still regularly do and I could do it online if I wanted. I just feel weird passing the basket on Sunday and not putting something in, even if I already contributed.

If I'm behind you in line and you whip out your checkbook I'm going to sigh and roll my eyes and do various other passive aggressive things to indicate my disfavor toward you.

Funny you say that. For the first time in forever, I saw someone writing a check at Kroger. It had already taken entirely too long to get to the register, and then the lady in front of me pulls out her check book. Under my breath (or so I thought) I said "You gotta be kidding me..." Her and the cashier both looked at me. :lol2:

Funny you say that. For the first time in forever, I saw someone writing a check at Kroger. It had already taken entirely too long to get to the register, and then the lady in front of me pulls out her check book. Under my breath (or so I thought) I said "You gotta be kidding me..." Her and the cashier both looked at me. :lol2:

You should have asked if she needed help carrying her groceries out to her horse and buggy.