Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

American Crime Story (FX Series about O.J. Simpson)

Featured Replies

The Kardashians aren't relevant to the case, but they are relevant to get a whole new group of 20-somethings watching in 2016. A lot of people have no idea who Robert Kardashian was.

 

Not feeling Rod Tidwell as OJ. I think it would have been better to flip-flop Malcolm Jamal Warner as OJ and Cuba as Al Cowlings.

 

One of the more dramatic parts of real event was the LAPD spokesman announcing at a press conference that the LAPD was actively seeking OJ as a suspect. That part was omitted from the show.

 

Kato Kaelin was on the Dan Patrick Show last week. He said FX did not consult or talk to the Browns/Goldmans about making the series. He also said he has not spoken to OJ since one of the civil depositions.

 

It will be stunning to watch how all of the smoking gun evidence was decided not to be introduced at trial for a variety of reasons.

  • Replies 255
  • Views 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be in the minority but Cuba Gooding ruins the whole show for me. Him playing OJ just isn't believable and ruined it for me.

It's one those days where you remember exactly where you were when it was happening.

 

Burbank's BBQ for me, eating some ribs & cornbread.

 

At the hospital in labor. Everyone was watching. Nurses, doctors, aides, candy stripers, etc. :lol2:

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. This was such a big deal when I was to young to understand, so it's nice to kind of see a lot of it now.

 

Kato Kaelin was on the Dan Patrick Show last week. He said FX did not consult or talk to the Browns/Goldmans about making the series.

 

Cuba was on Jay Mohr's radio show on Friday and said that he didn't talk with OJ at all. His explanation made sense. Basically that the mindset that OJ is in now, is totally different than the one that he was in when all of this went down. Sometimes people convince themselves of things to be true after all this time, that were not true, so he didn't want that to affect his portrayal of him.

Now idea how accurate Malcolm-Jamal Warner's portrayal of Al Cowlings is, but I thought he did a great job in this 2nd episode.

I must be in the minority but Cuba Gooding ruins the whole show for me. Him playing OJ just isn't believable and ruined it for me.

 

I'm exact opposite. I totally see OJ acting just like Cuba is doing so far. I think he is doing a great job capturing what I think is OJ's mindset in that time period. I'm interested in seeing if he can pull off the arrogance OJ began to display as time went on.

 

I remember during the chase the media kept reminding us that OJ was suicidal and that he had a gun. I also remember the reports about him already being dead and I remember making the assumption that he killed himself. I also remember believing he was guilty once the Bronco Chase took place. I think Cuba captured all of that perfectly and I think Malcolm is doing a great job as AC.

  • Author
I also remember the reports about him already being dead

 

I didn't remember that at all. Like I said earlier, I was out to eat that night and we didn't really pick up the story until the chase had already started.

I didn't remember that at all. Like I said earlier, I was out to eat that night and we didn't really pick up the story until the chase had already started.

 

The scene when Robert Kardashian told the family OJ committed suicide and I remember folks thinking he was dead and that AC was driving his dead body around.

  • Author
The scene when Robert Kardashian told the family OJ committed suicide and I remember folks thinking he was dead and that AC was driving his dead body around.

 

Oh, I remember it from the show. I just don't remember it happening back in 1994. I remember thinking that he might kill himself, but I'd never heard that he was presumed dead.

I saw that too. Not sure how anyone could believe he's not guilty at this point.

I don't think anyone thought he was not guilty after the trial finished, not even the jury. Cochran turned the trial from a murder case into something else.

I'll record it all and watch live when possible...looking forward to it.

 

Somewhere around the house I have "OJ's Legal Pad" if you remember he was always writing in a legal pad during the trial. Someone made one and published it, it is hilarious. Makes it look like OJ was drawing funny caricatures of the others, making crazy list and just doodling from page to page. I need to try to find it.

 

Living in Indiana during the time of all of this I remember listening to "Bob and Tom" and they had a hay day out of this.

I've still got the yellow legal pad you mention. Funny as heck.

"Gotta explain blood on finger. Maybe finger cancer."

I've still got the yellow legal pad you mention. Funny as heck.

"Gotta explain blood on finger. Maybe finger cancer."

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

 

That thing is hilarious.

 

I was involved in a Civil Case several years ago and was representing my company at the trial. I was bored and started making my own OJ Notebook...our attorney saw what I was doing and took my notebook away from me...after the trial was over he pulled it out of his briefcase and said, "Here you go OJ" and tossed it back to me.

I don't think anyone thought he was not guilty after the trial finished, not even the jury. Cochran turned the trial from a murder case into something else.

 

And Marcia Clark was no match for Johnny Cochran.

It's one those days where you remember exactly where you were when it was happening.

 

Burbank's BBQ for me, eating some ribs & cornbread.

I came home from playing golf and and one of my ex-wife's friends was watching a movie channel, and she casually says, "The police in LA are in a car chase with that famous football player, OJ Simpson."

I immediately replied, "WELL TURN THE CHANNEL TO IT RIGHT NOW!!!"

It was live drama on TV and she was watching The Goonies, or some irrelevant movie.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.