Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

American Crime Story (FX Series about O.J. Simpson)

Featured Replies

  • Author
It was one of the cooler 30 for 30s. It was called June 17, 1994. Took television clips from the Stanley Cup Parade in NY, Opening Ceremonies of the World Cup in the USA, NBA Finals, Arnold Palmer's last round at US Open, baseball in a battle with the union (leading to the strike), and the Bronco chase. Known as the busiest day in sport's history.

 

That's right...there were all those other things happening. Now I remember.

  • Replies 255
  • Views 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think so. I'll check Netflix.

 

The Bronco Chase heightened nationwide awareness of this case. Until the chase I remember the general attitude being that OJ didn't do it. After the chase and the details came out sides were chosen and the polarization of the OJ Simpson story began.

That's how I felt. There was no way I thought he had or could have done this. But it just shows how little we actually knew about TV and Sports personalities back then.

I remember following the trial each evening as one of the tabloid shows would spend 30 minutes on it every night. I kept wanting OJ to be innocent, but it was clear rather early that he wasn't. His defense made a mockery of the prosecution case, this was truly $$$ over justice.

 

I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the rest.

Agreed.

 

Didn't ESPN do a 30 for 30 on the day of the Bronco chase? I know I watched something about that, but I can't remember what. That was intense too.

 

I think this show is going to be great. I really enjoyed last night's episode.

 

Both NBA finals and Stanley Cup were on that evening of the chase.

I remember following the trial each evening as one of the tabloid shows would spend 30 minutes on it every night. I kept wanting OJ to be innocent, but it was clear rather early that he wasn't. His defense made a mockery of the prosecution case, this was truly $$$ over justice.

 

I enjoyed the first episode and look forward to the rest.

 

I remember most folks thinking he was guilty and we all just waited to see the prosecution screw up the case. Which they did. This will be fascinating to watch again. I really feel like they will tell the story extremely well.

Wasn't crazy about Travolta, but I liked the rest of it. The guy playing Christopher Darden looks exactly like Darden.

I'm not so sure that really isn't Chris Darden.

 

I was in middle school at the time, but I watched this trial every day. I couldn't get enough of it. Would get off school and tune in to Greta Van Susteren and Roger Cossack.

Just finished the first episode. Really exciting for this. I was too young to fully grasp everything that went on with it but remember the Chase and Glove.

My only criticism, I wish they had someone else, maybe an unknown play OJ.

 

I like Cuba Gooding Jr and I am sure he will do a fine job. Just hard for me to not think about other roles he has played like Radio or Rod Tidwell..

  • Author
My only criticism, I wish they had someone else, maybe an unknown play OJ.

 

I like Cuba, so him playing OJ makes me want to like OJ. But I don't want to like OJ.

 

Would be a lot easier if they would've cast some schmuck as OJ.

 

Maybe Tom Cruise.

I like Cuba, so him playing OJ makes me want to like OJ. But I don't want to like OJ.

 

Would be a lot easier if they would've cast some schmuck as OJ.

 

Maybe Tom Cruise.

 

Tom was a samurai.

 

There is just something so right about a white dude named Tom playing OJ Simpson. I mean it's just so right.

  • Author

Great episode.

 

Crazy how tense it was, even though I knew exactly how it would turn out.

  • Author

One thing I didn't know was that the cops got to the Bronco early on when it was stopped on the highway.

  • Author

My only complaints with the show are Travolta and the forced Kardashian kids scenes.

 

Courtney B. Vance is terrific as Cochran.

I've really enjoyed this show so far.

My only complaints with the show are Travolta and the forced Kardashian kids scenes.

 

Courtney B. Vance is terrific as Cochran.

 

I love the Kardashians but I am with you. They aren't relevant to the overall story. We all know the connection and don't need reminders of it. Kris Jenner and Robert Kardashian? Show all you want. We don't need to see young Kim and Khloe and Kourtney. Unnecessary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.