Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

American Crime Story (FX Series about O.J. Simpson)

Featured Replies

I was intrigued before I knew Connie Britton was in it.

 

Now I will absolutely be watching it.

  • Replies 255
  • Views 31.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few co-workers, about 10 years older than me, said they were tired of the OJ Simpson story, so they will not be tuning it. Wonder if a lot of others feel that way.

 

Me, I am looking forward to it.

A few co-workers, about 10 years older than me, said they were tired of the OJ Simpson story, so they will not be tuning it. Wonder if a lot of others feel that way.

 

Me, I am looking forward to it.

 

Tired of it? It happened 20 years ago.

Tired of it? It happened 20 years ago.

 

Personally, I refuse to watch it because basically it's a re-run only with liberties taken. I wasn't happy with the original and now I know how it ends so what's the point?!?

 

I hope OJ rots in hell.

Tired of it? It happened 20 years ago.

 

Yeah I didn't understand it either.

  • Author

Wasn't crazy about Travolta, but I liked the rest of it. The guy playing Christopher Darden looks exactly like Darden.

I was listening to NPR and they had an attorney on who was somehow involved in this case. Reporter asked if the part about OJ saying "I'm not black - I'm OJ Simpson" and something he said about not being able to relate to blacks were true. Guy said they were. Said Shapiro or Cochran (can't remember) said "well you better be black for this trial."

Personally, I refuse to watch it because basically it's a re-run only with liberties taken. I wasn't happy with the original and now I know how it ends so what's the point?!?

 

I hope OJ rots in hell.

 

For me the point is that I think this TV show will paint a fairly accurate picture of how this played out. At the end of the day we all know money is why OJ got away with murder but the OJ Simpson story remains one of the biggest stories of my lifetime behind 9/11. The timing of it right after the LA riots, the celebrity of OJ, the racial aspect, the launch of a 24/7 news cycle, the Bronco Chase that interrupted the NBA Finals......this is a story that is long overdue with being told. This is the story that even some of the most stubborn in the "OJ is innocent" crowd may even say...all right, he did it. For all of the stuff folks say about Hollywood I think they get more right than wrong.

 

The first episode was intense and telling. And we haven't even gotten to the Bronco Chase.

  • Author
The first episode was intense and telling. And we haven't even gotten to the Bronco Chase.

 

Agreed.

 

Didn't ESPN do a 30 for 30 on the day of the Bronco chase? I know I watched something about that, but I can't remember what. That was intense too.

 

I think this show is going to be great. I really enjoyed last night's episode.

Agreed.

 

Didn't ESPN do a 30 for 30 on the day of the Bronco chase? I know I watched something about that, but I can't remember what. That was intense too.

 

I think this show is going to be great. I really enjoyed last night's episode.

 

I think so. I'll check Netflix.

 

The Bronco Chase heightened nationwide awareness of this case. Until the chase I remember the general attitude being that OJ didn't do it. After the chase and the details came out sides were chosen and the polarization of the OJ Simpson story began.

  • Author
I think so. I'll check Netflix.

 

The Bronco Chase heightened nationwide awareness of this case. Until the chase I remember the general attitude being that OJ didn't do it. After the chase and the details came out sides were chosen and the polarization of the OJ Simpson story began.

 

It's one those days where you remember exactly where you were when it was happening.

 

Burbank's BBQ for me, eating some ribs & cornbread.

It's one those days where you remember exactly where you were when it was happening.

 

Burbank's BBQ for me, eating some ribs & cornbread.

 

I was in EKY drinking moonshine and trying to watch the Knicks/Rockets.

What I never will forget is watching ABC coverage when OJ got back to his house and the camera was anxiously awaiting for something to happen. They take a caller live on television and you could tell it was satirical in nature. Then you hear "And Baba Booey to y'all." :lol2:

Agreed.

 

Didn't ESPN do a 30 for 30 on the day of the Bronco chase? I know I watched something about that, but I can't remember what. That was intense too.

 

I think this show is going to be great. I really enjoyed last night's episode.

It was one of the cooler 30 for 30s. It was called June 17, 1994. Took television clips from the Stanley Cup Parade in NY, Opening Ceremonies of the World Cup in the USA, NBA Finals, Arnold Palmer's last round at US Open, baseball in a battle with the union (leading to the strike), and the Bronco chase. Known as the busiest day in sport's history.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.