Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals 27 Seattle 24 OT

Featured Replies

Was this a watershed game for the Bengals? Did they show us they have overcome their shortcomings and are ready to do something in the post season? I will call it progress and hope for the best. I will not completely buy into the team until they win a playoff game. They look great. I am going to enjoy each game and not get too excited or raise expectations. They need to prove it for me to buy in. That doesn't happen till they win a playoff game.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on game threads...

 

If you want the ability to act like a clown and make crazy statements with each and every twist and turn, expect to be called on it if the end result doesn't match your maniacal ramblings. If you thrive on living and dying with every snap, sometimes you die after the final horn...

Dalton = NFL MVP candidate...

 

Not saying he is the number one candidate (Rodgers and Brady have to be 1 and 1A for that) but he is in the top 5...

 

BTW, what the heck is going on with Jeremy Hill and the O line when he gets the ball? Most carries result in one yard or less it seems lately.

 

Great day when the Bengals win and the Ravens lose!

 

With Jeremy Hill its very simple imo. Last year when he tore it up the Bengals didn't really have many weapons to throw to on offense since they all were hurt. So the Bengals were under center more and were using a fullback. So he was able to get down hill. This year the Bengals have so many passing threats and Dalton passes better out of the gun so they are in the gun more. However when they are in the gun it doesn't fit Hills ability as well, but it does play perfectly to the type of play Gio is.

 

I think we will see Hill get more back on track in November and December and the playoffs when the weather gets cold and the Bengals do more power running. However right now Gio definitely fits the offense they are running better.

I'm not saying it was the wrong call but I really doubt that is what Jones was trying to do that. He has called something like one fair catch in the last 11 years. It seemed like he was motioning his guys to get out of the way. I just really doubt he tried to trick the defender.

 

You exactly right! In the post game interview Jones spoke about how mad he was about that specific play. He indicated he was waving Denard away so he had space to juke the gunner.

Didn't see any of the game until the 4th quarter.

 

How about that grab Eifert made on the last drive of the 4th?

 

Dalton looked exceptional from what I saw.

 

Any concerns from Bengals fans about Jeremy Hill? He's pretty much been non-existent except on the goal line all season.

 

Carlos Dunlap leads the NFL with 5 sacks....When did this happen? :lol2:

You exactly right! In the post game interview Jones spoke about how mad he was about that specific play. He indicated he was waving Denard away so he had space to juke the gunner.

 

Whether he was trying to or not, he made the motion, which is exactly what the rule addresses.

 

Speaking of that play, wasn't he lucky to not get a 15 yarder tacked on for removing his helmet?

I'm not saying it was the wrong call but I really doubt that is what Jones was trying to do that. He has called something like one fair catch in the last 11 years. It seemed like he was motioning his guys to get out of the way. I just really doubt he tried to trick the defender.

 

This^

 

I am in the same Camp with you on this one. Noway he was Signaling for a Fair Catch. Not after some of the ones I have witnessed him take on over the years. He is too selfish and is always trying to make something happen regardless if it's right or wrong. I guess the Ref saw it different but any Arm movement below the Belt line in this situation doesn't warrant a Fair Catch. Yeah I know, what if he would of Fumbled the Catch and the Bengals lost the ball, what would be talking about this morning? You have to remember it's PacMan and he beats by his own Drum.

With Jeremy Hill its very simple imo. Last year when he tore it up the Bengals didn't really have many weapons to throw to on offense since they all were hurt. So the Bengals were under center more and were using a fullback. So he was able to get down hill. This year the Bengals have so many passing threats and Dalton passes better out of the gun so they are in the gun more. However when they are in the gun it doesn't fit Hills ability as well, but it does play perfectly to the type of play Gio is.

 

I think we will see Hill get more back on track in November and December and the playoffs when the weather gets cold and the Bengals do more power running. However right now Gio definitely fits the offense they are running better.

 

Agree completely. Same thing we are watching with Murray in Philly. Looks like Hill uncomfortable as the back in the shot gun, doubt he did much of that at LSU. I'm not enough of a football guy to explain what the difference is, but it does look line he is dancing a little bit unlike last year when he just seemed to hit the hole hard. Gio looks far more comfortable, it's more what he was used to doing in college and fits his comfort level. It's a luxury to have two backs that are 1000 yd capable. Unless injuries hit the WR corps not sure they should ever go back to the ground and pound.

Some stats from the game:

 

*Dalton threw at least 5 passes to five different receivers led by Eiferts 8 catches for 90 yards. A well utilized TE in the NFL is one of the best weapons against defenses to open up other opportunities.

 

It's great to see this offense throw it around to numerous targets and spread the field.

 

* 419 yards of total offense ( 331 passing )....Seattles defense is top 5 in the NFL in yards allowed per game at 307!

 

* Vincent Rey and ReyMal led the team tackles at 13 and 8 as they should...in seasons past CBs and Safeties were leading the team in tackles.

 

* Bengal D had 10 hits on QB to Seattles 4...

 

 

I know folks struggle with people being cynical about our beloved Bengals and that's OK. Not winning a playoff game in three years, after regular season success, warrants the critical response. Just as it is to spout off in the game thread at the moment of __________! ( insert your :no: )

 

I'm not sure the staff will ever get their arms wrapped around clock management and use of timeouts. Hoping down the road it doesn't cost a win due to poor decisions.

 

Seattle is banged up and was 2-2 coming to Cincy. I don't consider this a signature win based on the position the Bengals put themselves in being down 17 in the 3rd quarter. What I will honor is that Bengals teams in the last 5 years wouldn't have been able to accomplish what happened yesterday in the 4th quarter.

 

This team has momentum and is building confidence in themselves and one another. There's a lot of football left to played this season. There are 6 undefeated teams in the league this morning and the Bengals are one of them. I'm beyond CONTENT...always great to start a work week after a Bengal victory.

 

Consider me cautiously CONTENT heading into week 6 and Who-to-the-Dey!!!

This^

 

I am in the same Camp with you on this one. Noway he was Signaling for a Fair Catch. Not after some of the ones I have witnessed him take on over the years. He is too selfish and is always trying to make something happen regardless if it's right or wrong. I guess the Ref saw it different but any Arm movement below the Belt line in this situation doesn't warrant a Fair Catch. Yeah I know, what if he would of Fumbled the Catch and the Bengals lost the ball, what would be talking about this morning? You have to remember it's PacMan and he beats by his own Drum.

 

His "selfishness" is the best thing about him. He flips the field position battle at least once per game. Didn't he have a huge 32 yard one yesterday? He's had 2 fair catches his entire career with the Bengals. I think the refs should know that and know he isn't signaling for a fair catch. I do think they should have thrown the flag yesterday though as that wave made the Seattle players quit on the play.

A couple quick thoughts:

 

1. I'm not concerned about Hill because the Bengals have still been running the ball well. I don't care if it's Hill or Bernard, so long as the running game continues to be strong. Hill has looked good in several games, so no worries there.

 

2. Brandon Tate has to stop returning kick offs if he is going to take each one out to the 10 or 15 yard line.

 

3. Dalton has played very well.

 

4. Eifert has been strong, too. He had 2 TD catches yesterday but his best catch came on one of the final drives on 3rd down when he laid out for the ball & secured it. We've had to wait a couple seasons, but so far so good with #85.

 

5. Kevin Huber had two punts downed within the 1 yard line, both of which were big plays. Props to Brandon Tate for his effort on the first one.

 

I believe the Bengals are the most talented team in football. They don't have Tom Brady, but top to bottom, I think they have the most talented roster in football. At this point, they're 5-0 and headed to Buffalo before a bye week. I'll take that 100 times out of 100.

Now, let's go get Rex and the Bills next week!

Whether he was trying to or not, he made the motion, which is exactly what the rule addresses.

 

Speaking of that play, wasn't he lucky to not get a 15 yarder tacked on for removing his helmet?

 

Yes.

Why is Tate on this team?

I feel like the Bills are a worse version of the Seahawks. Bengals SHOULD be 6-0 heading into the bye.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.