October 12, 201510 yr Why is Tate on this team? Tate made one of the best plays of the season against the KC Chiefs with a diving catch, then he got up and scored a TD. I'm fine with Tate so long as he quits returning kickoffs to the 12 yard line.
October 12, 201510 yr Tate made one of the best plays of the season against the KC Chiefs with a diving catch, then he got up and scored a TD. I'm fine with Tate so long as he quits returning kickoffs to the 12 yard line. I'm not here to defend Tate, but it sometimes helps when he has teammates that actually block somebody on the KO returns.
October 12, 201510 yr I feel like the Bills are a worse version of the Seahawks. Bengals SHOULD be 6-0 heading into the bye. What you just said scares me. Not about the Bills, but about the bye. Marvin Lewis has been absolutely horrible coming out of byes lately. He is just bad at preparing a team when he has 2 weeks to do so or against a good team. Last year I believe we Went into the bye with a 4-1 or 3-0 record or something like that and then proceeded to lose the next mo this worth of games.
October 12, 201510 yr I'm not here to defend Tate, but it sometimes helps when he has teammates that actually block somebody on the KO returns. No, Sorry but you don't return kicks from the back line of the endzone. He did that twice and another from half way deep in the endzone. Not when you are Tate who is not known for breaking anything in his returns. The only thing he breaks is the Bengals momentum everytime he touches a kick.
October 12, 201510 yr Tate made one of the best plays of the season against the KC Chiefs with a diving catch, then he got up and scored a TD. I'm fine with Tate so long as he quits returning kickoffs to the 12 yard line. Great catch. But that had nothing to do with kick returns. He is horrible returning kicks
October 12, 201510 yr Great catch. But that had nothing to do with kick returns. He is horrible returning kicks I agree about the kick returns but you said why is he on the team. He had a great catch against the Chiefs and had a great special teams play stopping the punt from going in the end zone yesterday. I don't want to see him returning kicks/punts but he is a decent back up receiver/special teams player. Of course, I don't know what he makes, but you could probably find someone making minimum salary to do the same.
October 12, 201510 yr Great catch. But that had nothing to do with kick returns. He is horrible returning kicks I agree. Your question asked why he was on the team. Clearly Marvin & crew think he's a capable kick returner. I don't necessarily agree, but they haven't asked for my opinion yet...
October 12, 201510 yr No, Sorry but you don't return kicks from the back line of the endzone. He did that twice and another from half way deep in the endzone. Not when you are Tate who is not known for breaking anything in his returns. The only thing he breaks is the Bengals momentum everytime he touches a kick. You do realize that kickoffs are from the 35 yard line now? The NFL did that to encourage player safety and more touchbacks. Instead, teams are willing to risk being caught within the 20 yard line in the hope of breaking a big return. I doubt the coaches had a major problem with Tate. On all the kickoffs, Fox had their field camera looking the length of the field following the Seahawk kicks. They were fast to the ball, but the Bengals were not creating effective wedge blocking. Tate has a split second to decide what to do. As far as Tate not known for breaking anything he returns, you have a poor memory: 1. 2. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81b13f18/Patriots-103-yd-kickoff-return-TD 3. Tate kicks it off with a bang! - NFL Videos
October 12, 201510 yr This is just too funny - Michael Irvin's Open Mike on the NFL Network Michael Irvin's Open Mike: 'C' your way to a championship - NFL Videos
October 12, 201510 yr PFF has Eifert as the #2 TE in the league this year behind Gronk. A lot of similarities.
October 12, 201510 yr I feel like the Bills are a worse version of the Seahawks. Bengals SHOULD be 6-0 heading into the bye. Agreed.
October 13, 201510 yr Some stats from the game: *Dalton threw at least 5 passes to five different receivers led by Eiferts 8 catches for 90 yards. A well utilized TE in the NFL is one of the best weapons against defenses to open up other opportunities. It's great to see this offense throw it around to numerous targets and spread the field. * 419 yards of total offense ( 331 passing )....Seattles defense is top 5 in the NFL in yards allowed per game at 307! * Vincent Rey and ReyMal led the team tackles at 13 and 8 as they should...in seasons past CBs and Safeties were leading the team in tackles. * Bengal D had 10 hits on QB to Seattles 4... I know folks struggle with people being cynical about our beloved Bengals and that's OK. Not winning a playoff game in three years, after regular season success, warrants the critical response. Just as it is to spout off in the game thread at the moment of __________! ( insert your :no: ) I'm not sure the staff will ever get their arms wrapped around clock management and use of timeouts. Hoping down the road it doesn't cost a win due to poor decisions. Seattle is banged up and was 2-2 coming to Cincy. I don't consider this a signature win based on the position the Bengals put themselves in being down 17 in the 3rd quarter. What I will honor is that Bengals teams in the last 5 years wouldn't have been able to accomplish what happened yesterday in the 4th quarter. This team has momentum and is building confidence in themselves and one another. There's a lot of football left to played this season. There are 6 undefeated teams in the league this morning and the Bengals are one of them. I'm beyond CONTENT...always great to start a work week after a Bengal victory. Consider me cautiously CONTENT heading into week 6 and Who-to-the-Dey!!! Hmmm in seasons past the Bengals corners and safeties had led the team in tackles? What? The seasons Burfict played the whole season he led the whole team in tackles by a whole lot, and then last year Vincent Rey led the team in tackles. So I am not sure where you got the corners and safeties usually lead the team in tackles?
October 13, 201510 yr 5-0.For some of the younger members, this could be the best Bengals team you have seen. Try to enjoy it... Is 30 a youngster on BGP? I was alive for the Super Bowl but not enough enough to know what was going on or remember it. Definitely loving this season.
October 13, 201510 yr I would be surprised if Burfict returns this year in an effective role, but the thought of adding him to this defense has me excited.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.