Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope defends Kim Davis

Featured Replies

Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air, but I'm glad he's headed back to Italy before someone asked him who he likes to win the World Series.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess if Kim Davis was asking for anything like a "conscientious objector" status I wouldn't have much to say about her case. If she refused to personally issue a marriage license while letting her deputies continue as normal (and this was an option given to her at every stage of this process) this would have barely warranted a mention in the local newspaper.

 

Instead she's pulled ever lever of her authority as a county official to turn this into a challenge to the supremacy of the federal government and the practice of judicial review. As such, I have little sympathy for her alleged plight.

 

The issue notwithstanding, this is why I support her. We should always be looking to watch those that watch over us....or be saddled with the outcome.

Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air, but I'm glad he's headed back to Italy before someone asked him who he likes to win the World Series.

 

One would assume he'd go with the Cardinals but it's hard to say for sure.

One would assume he'd go with the Cardinals but it's hard to say for sure.

 

Nope...Pope Frankie is an underdog kinda guy. He'd obviously be pulling for the Padres over the Cardinals.

I guess if Kim Davis was asking for anything like a "conscientious objector" status I wouldn't have much to say about her case. If she refused to personally issue a marriage license while letting her deputies continue as normal (and this was an option given to her at every stage of this process) this would have barely warranted a mention in the local newspaper.

 

Instead she's pulled ever lever of her authority as a county official to turn this into a challenge to the supremacy of the federal government and the practice of judicial review. As such, I have little sympathy for her alleged plight.

Nor do I really.

I didn't read the linked articles. I did read what purported to be the Pope's words on some website earlier, and I don't disagree with him, he stopped short of supporting Kim Davis. What I read he supported people having religious objections and their right to voice them. I didn't see where he said people could do so in instances where they could not do their job.

Finally...soooooooooo sick of her. Write your book, get your money, and go away. The most annoying part of this is that she orchestrated it, or allowed herself to be orchestrated. She argued, in the court documents that I read, that her signature was an "approval" of gay marriage. Her signature was not that, and she never has to sign one anyway. Her clerks could have been signing them all along.

 

Finally, the muslim soldiers who did not fight should have been dishonorably discharged, at the very least.

There have been at least a few Muslims that were afforded Conscientious Objector Status that keep them from being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They weren't in all cases forced out of their job...shouldn't the same outcry against them be present as there was been against the Rowan Clerk?

 

The basis for their objection is that as a Muslim their religion says they can not fight against or kill other Muslims...even though they freely joined the US Military and took an Oath to Defend the US from all Enemies.

 

Was there outrage when this happened, if so I missed it. Even the American Islamic Forum for Democracy doesn't think they should get this status.

 

On the other hand, Muhammad Ali cited the same reason for not going to Vietnam and essentially was stripped of his title and lost his job for three years.

He didn't really defend Kim Davis, that's a little misleading. He was defending the idea that she can believe whatever she wants to believe.

 

Nobody has said any different than that, to my knowledge. She can hate gay people all she wants on her own time. She can't do it in an office where she is paid to issue marriage licenses.

 

THIS.

One would assume he'd go with the Cardinals but it's hard to say for sure.

 

Saints in the Super Bowl.

  • Author

I hope the Pope is informed of the details then states his firm position. Would really like to see where he stands. I am sure they will see the new articles as several other media sites have picked this up. Create some good talk for sure.

I really need to find a religion that only allows me to work 2 hours a day, no weekends, and a good beer is part of communion. Any suggestions?

  • Author

Just make it up as you go. Thats what everyone else does these days. If we say its so then by golly thats the way it is. Call it Lucky55. You would have tons of members soon. Promise beer and heaven.

I really need to find a religion that only allows me to work 2 hours a day, no weekends, and a good beer is part of communion. Any suggestions?

Start your own...of course I hope you can survive on 10 hours pay per week :lol2:

Start your own...of course I hope you can survive on 10 hours pay per week :lol2:

 

Good point. It can be non-profit and I could take donations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.