September 28, 201511 yr ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE: In final flurry of questions, Pope also defends Ky. clerk Kim Davis | Nation | Kentucky.com Hmm.......now we have a Pope thats a bigot.
September 28, 201511 yr ABOARD THE PAPAL PLANE: In final flurry of questions, Pope also defends Ky. clerk Kim Davis | Nation | Kentucky.com Hmm.......now we have a Pope thats a bigot. He didn't really defend Kim Davis, that's a little misleading. He was defending the idea that she can believe whatever she wants to believe. Nobody has said any different than that, to my knowledge. She can hate gay people all she wants on her own time. She can't do it in an office where she is paid to issue marriage licenses.
September 28, 201511 yr He didn't really defend Kim Davis, that's a little misleading. He was defending the idea that she can believe whatever she wants to believe. Nobody has said any different than that, to my knowledge. She can hate gay people all she wants on her own time. She can't do it in an office where she is paid to issue marriage licenses. This. He also stated he didn't know the case in detail.
September 28, 201511 yr Author I read it. I understand he said he didnt know all the details but sure looks like he would take her side. What would be the response if he comes out and says she is correct?
September 28, 201511 yr Author Another article.... Reporters Asked Pope Francis If He Supports People Who Refuse to Grant Gay Marriage Licenses on Religious Grounds. Here?s His Response. | TheBlaze.com
September 28, 201511 yr I read it. I understand he said he didnt know all the details but sure looks like he would take her side. What would be the response if he comes out and says she is correct? My response would be that he's entitled to his opinion and that he's also entitled to be wrong.
September 28, 201511 yr Another article.... Reporters Asked Pope Francis If He Supports People Who Refuse to Grant Gay Marriage Licenses on Religious Grounds. Here?s His Response. | TheBlaze.com Doesn't say anything different from the first. He said they have the right to object to unions. He didn't say they should be able to do it in an office where that is their job.
September 28, 201511 yr I read it. I understand he said he didnt know all the details but sure looks like he would take her side. What would be the response if he comes out and says she is correct? Pope Francis is a lot of things, but a Constitutional scholar he is not.
September 28, 201511 yr I read it. I understand he said he didnt know all the details but sure looks like he would take her side. What would be the response if he comes out and says she is correct? He can say she's right and he fully supports what she did... That still doesn't mean he believes she shouldn't have to do her job.
September 28, 201511 yr Pope Francis is a lot of things, but a Constitutional scholar he is not. And even if he was, he's not in a position where he has to care.
September 28, 201511 yr There have been at least a few Muslims that were afforded Conscientious Objector Status that keep them from being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They weren't in all cases forced out of their job...shouldn't the same outcry against them be present as there was been against the Rowan Clerk? The basis for their objection is that as a Muslim their religion says they can not fight against or kill other Muslims...even though they freely joined the US Military and took an Oath to Defend the US from all Enemies. Was there outrage when this happened, if so I missed it. Even the American Islamic Forum for Democracy doesn't think they should get this status.
September 28, 201511 yr ^Yes, I feel the same way about them as I do about her. They were in most all cases allowed to object and keep their job. I agree with you.
September 28, 201511 yr There have been at least a few Muslims that were afforded Conscientious Objector Status that keep them from being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. They weren't in all cases forced out of their job...shouldn't the same outcry against them be present as there was been against the Rowan Clerk? The basis for their objection is that as a Muslim their religion says they can not fight against or kill other Muslims...even though they freely joined the US Military and took an Oath to Defend the US from all Enemies. Was there outrage when this happened, if so I missed it. Even the American Islamic Forum for Democracy doesn't think they should get this status. I guess if Kim Davis was asking for anything like a "conscientious objector" status I wouldn't have much to say about her case. If she refused to personally issue a marriage license while letting her deputies continue as normal (and this was an option given to her at every stage of this process) this would have barely warranted a mention in the local newspaper. Instead she's pulled every lever of her authority as a county official to turn this into a challenge to the supremacy of the federal government and the practice of judicial review. As such, I have little sympathy for her alleged plight. Edited September 28, 201511 yr by Habib
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.